Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010?!

I cannot believe it's almost 2010. This year has been by far the fastest year of my life. SO much has happened this year both good and bad, but I have the greatest feeling about this up coming year. I have high hopes :) I hope this is "my" year.
I've started my New Years Resolution list, and I am pretty excited about that. I dont know why I feel I have to wait until January 1st to get so serious about goals, but I look forward to them.
I would share a few..but I am fine tuning.
But I will share one of the goals and that is to organize a service project each month for my group of friends. Those that can make it..great, if not, we'll catch ya the next month.
This last week, right before Christmas my friend and I put together the Secret Santa project I posted about. Thank you for those of you that were able to donate. Your donations were a huge success and because of that, each resident was able to get TWO presents this year.
This really hit close to home for me, as my grandma will be joining a care center soon.
Here's a few pictures from our evening at the care center.
I was so excited about the turn out, because it was snowing so hard that night, so I really appreciate everyone braving the roads!
Here is our wrapping assembly line

Some of the final product

After we finished wrapping the presents we gathered as many residents as we could into a room and sang them Christmas songs and had hot chocolate, juice and treats.
We visited as much as we could...

Before we went caroling in the hallways for those that werent able to leave their rooms. It was such a great night, and I really do have such great friends in my life.
Here is the group


GRAM:
Thank you all again so much for your concern with Gram. She made it through surgery last Monday, and has been recovering in the hospital this week. She has started to talk, and swallow again and is still the biggest fighter, ready to get rid of this cancer! Tomorrow they will do a scan to see if the cancer spread to any other parts of her body (why they didnt do this BEFORE her brain surgery is beyond me). She has kept her spirits up, and I couldnt be more proud of her.
Growing up we always had a tradition that she would come sleep over on Christmas Eve. This year, since she was in the hospital Christmas Eve and since I dont have a family of my own, or a spouse, I was able to go have a sleep over with Gram Christmas Eve night. I had a Christmas movie, and music and gifts all ready for the occasion, but it ended up being a really rough night/morning for her. I am still glad I was able to carry on the tradition, even if "sleep" wasnt part of the deal :)
She will soon be moved into a care center and depending on the results of her test tomorrow, will start radiation treatment. She continues to be the most amazing example in my life.

CHRISTMAS:
I got back to my parents house Christmas morning around 11 AM where my family was waiting with the traditional Christmas breakfast. I was exhausted at this point, but it was still so fun to see all of my nieces and nephews open their presents.
We hung out for a bit at my parents house, and watched a fun Christmas movie with some of the kids.
I cant believe Christmas has come and gone already. CrAzY! I love love love, the build up of Christmas...the parties, the lights, the music..Im so sad it's over. But, on to 2010!
The only thing I asked for for Christmas was a Chia pet. Haha. I have never really had one, and I think they are hilarious. My nice friend surprised me with this beauty...

Even though I am not a huge fan of Obama, I have really nurtured this Obama Special edition Chia. I will show progress IF it grows. I have follow the directions to a "T" so if anyone has any advice on how to make my Chia pet a success, I would greatly appreciate it. I have given it a whole lot of Love and TLC, but so far it doesnt seem to be doing the trick.
Right now it just looks like this with a bunch of seeds

Im not giving up yet!!
I hope everyone had a very very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful year ahead!!

8 comments:

Kaysie said...

Great post sister!

kollers said...

That is hilarious! I hope it grows! And that was so sweet of you to go spend Christmas Eve with your grandma, I gotta a little choked up reading that because I'm sure it meant the world to her!! You are so thoughtful!

MEGandJEFF said...

You are one busy girl!! I love your Christmas service project :) Let me know what your projects are & I would love to get involved, girly!

What a great grand-daughter you are..i bet she loved having you spend Christmas Eve night with her..even if it wasn't smooth sailing :)

Your Chia is SO funny :) I def expect updates on the growth!

JoyLyn said...

I LOVE your goal of one service project a month. Let me know about them and i'll gladly help ou! Happy New Year!! :)

Melissa said...

You are such an amazing woman! I can't tell you how much I look up to you! You are always doing such great, wonderful, amazing things.

Janaca said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! You are such an amazing person Chels. That is so cool that you're going to do a service project each month! What a great idea. I'm glad to hear that your grandma is still fighting and I hope she continues to get better. Love ya!

Shawn and Kailey Ames said...

Oh Chels... I love reading your posts! You always make me smile! You are amazing, and I love how you are always thinking of others! I'm lucky to have you as a friend!

Kateka said...

Sorry I couldn't help out with your project this year, but I'd love to be involved in the future!