Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gram

Its been a rough couple of months for my Grandma and my family.
My Grandmas health continues to not be in her favor and I feel she is slowly starting to give up her fight.
For the last month I cant stop thinking about her. I am so lucky to be able to be so close to her and see her so often. About 6 weeks ago my mom and I discovered her unable to move and in a lot of pain. We called 911 and after some test were done, found out that she had broken a part of her back. Since then, her strength decreased and she is becoming more and more dependent of others.
Its so hard to see someone you love so much be in so much pain.
My grandma has been my #1 since day one. I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with her growing up. My mom went back to work when I was a child and I would spend a lot of after school hours with my grandma. She is one of my best friends and I have learned so much from her.
She has given me the drive to travel and see the world. I remember growing up always being so excited to pick her up from the airport from one of her many over seas trips. It is because of her, for many reasons I have traveled the world.
I remember being in school and getting those big pink sugar cookies and saving mine to give to my grandma when I got home from school.
I loved going up to her house and swimming during the summers and going in for kool aid and tuna fish sandwhiches. I LOVE hearing of all of her stories..past friends, travels, and what life was like for her at different ages.
She is the hardest worker I have EVER known. She is the biggest fighter I have ever known, fighting through breast cancer, 2 heart attacks, a big stomach surgery and many other battles that she almost breezes through. That is why this one is so difficult, she isnt bouncing back like Gram usually does.
Everyday I just think more and more about her, and give thanks to the lord for letting her be a part of my life. I am so lucky to have her and for everything she has taught me. I hope and pray I have more time with her, but if not I am grateful for every second.
I love you Grandma.
Love Miss Muffet.

11 comments:

Tyanna said...

Chels, this made me cry. I wish I had a better relationship with my Grandma. I would love to have all the memories that you have with your Gram.

Janaca said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! That is really hard I'm sure to watch. It made me miss my grandma smith so much as I read this...she's been gone for a couple of years. That's so fun that you are so close to her and I remember her watching you after school. She seems like a wonderful lady!

kollers said...

I'm sorry chubs! I know how close you are with your grandma and I'm sorry you guys are dealing with such a hard time. Sounds like she is one tough cookie. . and that sounds just like you to save your cookie for your grandma. . always so thoughtful!

Tashina said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this right now. It's so hard to watch a loved one suffer. Always keep those memories you have with her close to your heart, they will help get through the toughest times.

Kaysie said...

Very cool post sis! She is such and awesome person! We are so lucky to have learned so much about life from such a great example.

Annie said...

I love Gram! She is one awesome lady. I also have lots of fun memories with you and her! It's so hard to watch the ones we love most suffer. Hang in there :) I love ya!

Barlow Fam said...

I'm so sorry to hear that about your grandma.. It is so hard, I have grandparents that just don't bounce back like you said you wish that they would but they just don't. My heart is with you!!

Kateka said...

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful grandma.

I hope you are doing okay. My grandpa is really sick and we are pretty sure we are going to lose him within days. Geez, it sucks losing family, especially during the holidays!!

I'll pray for you and your family my dear, that everything will work out okay. Which I am sure it will. It sounds like your grandma is one tough little cookie, and it sounds like she taught/engrained that in you too, so I know you'll be okay.

Let me know if you need anything. Maybe we can get together and cry over our grandparents. :) Love you darling.

Ale Betton said...

You are a Super Grand daughter! Sad to hear that she is not doing better! :(

HUGHES FAMILY said...

I'm sorry Chels...that's so hard! Let me know if I can do anything for ya!

Jadie said...

What an amazing tribute to Grams. Hold her close and continue to make as many memories possible. Write them down, like a journal to look back on because if you don't the memories fade. It's been 17 years since My Gram died, I wish I had kept a journal about her. Life is so scary...we don't know minute to minute if & when our Friends and Family members will be called home.
I love you Chubs, please call if you need anything.
Jadie 801-759-8090