Monday, December 7, 2009

Go Jazz!

This year for my work Christmas party they invited all of us to a Utah Jazz game. I LOVE the Jazz. I was a huge fan last year, and have tried to keep up this year but Ive been so busy this season.
I was so super pumped when I heard we were going to a Jazz game.

My company even surprised us with personalized jersey's with our nicknames and favorite numbers.

They got me a childs small...so mine is kind of a belly shirt :)
We had a nice little visit from the Bear

There was close to 150 of us, and they drew 20 names of employees to go down to the court during half time and give the players five on their way back to the court. I seriously wanted it so bad I could taste it. Of course, my name wasnt drawn but this incredibly nice friend of mine at work gave me his ticket because he could have cared less. I was seriously SO SO excited. We were riding the elevator down and I couldnt stand it.
We got on the court and gave all the guys a high five. My very favorite player Paul Millsap ( I have his jersey as well) was the last player to come out!

I literally started clapping my hands when I saw him and reached out my hand so proud...he didnt give me the time of day. Its debatable if our hands even touched. He amused me by at least putting his hand out, but there was no solid connection. Stupid new contract went to his head. I was his biggest fan, even when most of the time he was on the bench...
Oh well. Nonetheless, I had a killer time! Thanks Del Sol!

*****************************************
On a completely different note, not only do I love the Jazz, I love my dad. He is one of a kind. He is so stinkin funny. He can fix anything, and in the most unique ways. His glasses broke the other day and he wasnt able to get into the eye DR for a couple days so took matters into his own hands!
He glued them back together some how and used these scissors as clamps. Oh man. I was laughing so hard.

There is a picture of my sister wearing his glasses before they took the "clamps" off. It is SO funny, but I promised her I wouldnt put it online.
You do what you gotta do to fix things!
This is one of many reasons why I love this man.

5 comments:

Janaca said...

What a fun work party! All you girls look so cute in your jerseys. That's so fun they personalized them for you! That's so funny and cute about your dad and his glasses. Definitely seems like a handy man.

Annie said...

I love Bus!!! He has always cracked me up!

kollers said...

I love it Chels! Well since I'm stuck here tonight instead of watching biggest loser with you and Linds, I've turned to blogging for comfort. I love your jerseys!!!! I can't believe Milsap would act in such a way when you guys looked so cute all decked out! And your dad. . . what a handyman. Too funny!

Jadie said...

What a great company to work for! I'm so glad you got to go down on the court...Mr. Pul Millsap sure missed out by not touching such a beautiful, funny, sweet girl. His loss!
Bus will always be Bus. Boy I love that man.

Love you tonz,
Jadie

Barlow Fam said...

What a fun night at the Jazz game... I loved the jerseys, I wish I had one. Your dad is such a handyman, I love it!!