Friday, July 30, 2010

Give Peace A Chance

The other day my mom asked me on a very fun date...to see Sir Paul McCartney!
I thought it would be a great time, but I didnt think I would know a ton of his songs. I was wrong! And that old man can ROCK!
Before the concert my mom treated me to a hot dog. I had been craving a hot dog all summer and had been camping a few times but never got my hot dog.
We were sitting outside of our seats eating our dinner and I accidentally spilled my moms $5 coke :( I felt so bad so I said I would go get her a new one. It had just sat there and spilled over into the train (Convenient at least) while we ate. I ran down to get her a new one and as I was standing in line I get a text from her saying "Come back!!"
So I go back up the stairs and see my mom drinking out of her Coke bottle that had been on the ground for the last half hr. haha. She said she went to pick it up and it was still half full. That woman. I love her. Thats maybe a 'you had to be there' story. But I thought it was great...and gross. Half hr rule right mom?

We sat with my cousin Garrett and his girlfriend Karli

It was seriously one of the best concerts Ive ever been to.

We both love to people watch and that was one great spot for people watching. There were 2 people that took a peace of my heart that night. One lady, who was probably in her 50's that was obviously drunk, dancing her heart out and losing her sun glasses over and over and over. Then a man...maybe in his 60s with a dandy of an outfit that kept lifting his shirt up to shake his toosh. To both of those old drunk folks...I thank you for making my night that much more enjoyable.
My mom is always loads of fun. Thanks so much mom for taking me on a date and for finally getting me my summer hot dog.

2 comments:

Tashina said...

Your mom is beautiful! What a fun little date for the two of you.

MEGandJEFF said...

FUN-O! A couple women I work with went & just LOVED it! It sounded pretty fun..esp from your account! I second Tashina: your mom is gorgeous!