Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 15th!

I kind of made up my own holiday. Its worked out quite well for me the last couple of years. This year was no exception.
Its simple. July is my very favorite month of the year, and 15 is my favorite number. We are lucky enough to celebrate 2 holidays here in Utah in July, I thought Id be stingy and add one more. And there you have it, July 15th. Ive even had someone give me a gift on this day because they knew I loved it.
The BF was sure nice to me this day as well. He planned a mighty fine date.
I came home from work to a lovely surprise...a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
Then off we went on our date. This date screamed summer and couldnt have been better for the July 15th holiday- an outdoor movie at the capitol!
This picture is kind of blurry but still fun. Doesnt my ankle look broken? haha

If you look close, you can see the screen in the background. We got there just in time for a beautiful sunset.

While we watched the movie we had the most delicious picnic Russ had packed. Costco has this AMAZING chicken salad sandwhich mix. It has walnuts, and cranberries, and chicken...its so good. We had that on some nice soft pitas. Oh...so good.
One of my favorite desserts is fruit pizza. I had stopped by Kneaders for one of their fruit pie things for dessert. It was a dandy of a meal.

I had so much fun, the weather, the food, the company, all perfect.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I didn't know this about you! How fun! Happy belated July 15th! And what a fun date! I love outdoor movies. Oh and I just read your comment on my blog and for sure I will take you lobster fishing next year! Can't wait for it!

Janaca said...

What a fabulous idea to create your own holiday!! Love it. You're such a fun and spontaneous girl. Looks like a great summer night!

Kateka said...

Happy July 15th!! Ha, ha. I love you make up your own holidays. Stu and I have switched out a few holidays because we don't like them, so instead of Valentines Day, we call it MOVIE HOLIDAY and go buy a few movies we've been anxious to get our hands on.

MEGandJEFF said...

FUN! The food sounds delish, the company devine, & you look super cute!

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but wouldn't ya know, my little boy has been quite the stinker as of late & managed to put the kibosh on more than one date. Oy.

HAPPY JULY 15TH!

JoyLyn said...

I love that you have your own holiday! I think I need to follow in your footsteps and get one of my own. :) Oh! And I'm glad you are volunteering at The Dirty Dash! Hopefully I will see you up there! (I'm starting to get nervous for it. I've never run in mud!!)