Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The 4th!

I know I am about a month behind, but I love the 4th so much I cant leave this post behind.
We have had the same tradition as long as I can remember.
When we were younger we would all sleep over at our grandparents house in their back yard. Once our grandparents passed, my parents carried on the tradition in their own yard. We all really look forward to it and have a fun time!
Since this year the 4th fell on a Sunday we did it the Friday before.
As tradition always has it, my mom buys all the grandkids matching 4th of July outfits.

This year, my parents even got Ecko her own outfit! I think she looked mighty pretty.

Our neighbors are always so nice to save us a spot in front of their house for our family.So thoughtful.

I love this picture of my cousin Burgon and Oaks

My very favorite part of the parades...well besides watching beauty queens trying to master their parade wave, is the cinnamon taffy. mmmm.

After the parade we go back to my parents for dinner.
Last year we did tin foil dinners on the fire pit, this year my sis made a delicioius pulled pork sandwhich.
Even though Baby Kemp was only a week old, he still made it to the party.

This isnt a great picture of either of us, but we didnt get too many on this holiday.

Then, we fill up our parents yard with sleepin bags and have a wonderful sleepless night under the stars. Wouldnt trade it!

Can you tell who doesnt have kids and who doesnt want out of their sleeping bags, praying for more sleep?

Well I guess that happens to those who have kids too..

I love this girl.

I have to add what a good sport Kami was. After having a baby a week ago she still came to the sleep over. They slep inside in a comfy bed, but I still couldnt believe it. She is so awesome.

My dad makes us his delicious swedish thins

A new comer decided to try and beat the record (8).

He came in at a close 7. Very impressive for a swedish thin first timer.
My nephew "Bel" has a crazy boy obsession with cars, tractors, trains, lawn mowers...basically anything boys like. Its awesome. He will go missing and the first place you look is the riding lawn mower, he is usually sitting right on it playing with all the buttons.
Well recently my uncle passed away and he owned an old (I cant remember what yr) Jaguire. Bel calls it Flo off of Cars.
It wasnt until I Googled Flo until I really appreciated that sweet comment from a 2 yr old.
Flo

Real life Flo

We all got to take "Flo" around for a little morning drive.

Pretty sure Uncle Charley would be thrilled with that little boys obsession with his car.
From there, Russ and I packed up and headed to Jackson Hole for the rest of the holiday weekend.
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July...a month ago.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like fun! I think your family has the best 4th of July traditions. Cody and Kami's new little guy is so dang cute! And I love all the kids in their new outfits... what cute little ones! Hope you had fun in Jackson Hole!

Tyanna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your family traditions!! It makes me want to copy every single one & start them with my family. You look great Chels!