Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pick me up!

Here is a good "pick me up" for a lovely Tuesday morning after a long weekend!
I was going through a file on my computer and ran across this quote I had saved from Mother Teresa.
I really loved it and thought I'd share.
What an amazing lady! I look up to her and all she accomplished.



People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and GOD.
It was never between you and them anyway.

7 comments:

Kaysie said...

LOVE IT!!

Kateka said...

That is really, really neat. Thanks for sharing that.

Annalee said...

I LOVE Mother Theresa too. I love this quote! Isn't so true?! Thanks for sharing!

Janaca said...

What a great thought!! Thanks for posting.

Ally said...

That is just the ticket for a down day. Thanks Chels. Thinking of you today...June 1st.

Kateka said...

Oh my gosh! I've read most of Beyond the Veil! Well, I borrowed a copy from Stu's mom and got most of the way thru a few years, but she wanted it back so I never finished it. I will totally read it again. The stories I DID read were totally amazing.

MEGandJEFF said...

What a wonderful woman..we'd all be better off if we remembered that what other people think truly doesn't matter in the end