Thursday, May 27, 2010

Told ya so

I hate to say I told ya so, but Im going to.
I have wanted a Chia Pet my whole life.
So you can imagine the excitement I felt the first time I attempted.
It was supposed to look like this:

And mine turned out like this:


You might think after everyone laughed in my face and my very own sister says, in a very joking tone "Wow, you have quite the green thumb" that Id give up.
Nope, just as the quote on my blog says "Never never never give up" And this applies to Chia pets as well.
For all of you that didnt have faith in me and my special edition Obama chia pet...
feast your eyes on this!!
Day 1- High hopes

Just a few short days later (Sorry for the bad pictures, most were done with my phone)

And Special Obama edition today!!



I just wanted to tell anyone who has these say high hopes for a successful chia pet that its possible. Just takes a whole lot of TLC.
Besides the bald spot I think its not half bad!

Also, if you remember my Lucky Duck story, I booked my trip today!
In just a few short months I will be setting sail for the beautiful Easter Caribbean.
Im especially excited to visit Honduras!

I hope everyone has a happy safe Memorial weekend!

5 comments:

Annalee said...

That's awesome! I've never known someone to actually have a "cha..cha...chia" pet!! That is hysterical!!! Way to Go Chels!!

Brittany said...

Chels, I love the Chia. I was actually wondering about your Obama chia pet the other day. I'm so happy you posted about him. Love it!

Kateka said...

It's so beautiful it nearly brought tears to my eyes. :)

Tyanna said...

I love Obama..and I love him even more now looking slightly bald. Good job Chels--I think he'd be proud of ya.

nat said...

ok, seriously? two things: why didn't you use my obama photos, and why haven't you put up my music i shared with you?
i am disappointed on both accounts. but we'll have a ball on our trip! hope you booked my ticket too. remember, my name ISN'T spelled like bobby's. think about it.
i'm sending you more music.