Monday, June 21, 2010

Nerd Alert!

I will have to confess, that nerd is me.
But I guess it pays to be a nerd because I had a great weekend!
Just to set the story up, I dont own a working TV. I havent had a TV for over 6 months now. I have no idea what is going on in the world or entertainment except for the TVs we have at work that is only on CNN. I only catch up on whatever I can hear as I walk by.
However, there are a few shows that I TVO at my parents house and run and catch up on when I have a chance.
One of them being Wipeout. I love it, cant get enough of it. I love it so much in fact, I applied to be on the show and am just anxiously awaiting a call from ABC telling me Im exactly what they are looking for and come give those big balls a run for their money!
If you could keep your fingers crossed for me Id sure appreciate it.

I also really enjoy watching Brothers & Sisters.

Sadly, I am a whole season behind because when I do have time to go to my parents and watch TV I am getting caught up on THE BIGGEST LOSER!
I love pretty much everything about that show except the lame commercials by the contestants they try and squeeze into the already 2 hr show.
I feel so inspired when I watch, I love Bob with most of my heart, I want to smack Jillian around, and a million other reasons I think its great.
Who thought watching obese people work out would be so entertaining? But it is. Was that an insensitive comment? I apologize if so.
This weekend was the Ragnar. For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a race from Logan, Ut to Park City, UT which I think it was like 180ish miles.
I caught wind that 2 previous contestants Philippe & Sione from the show would be up in the VIP section. Naturally, I knew I had to go look for them and hope for a picture.
We headed up to Park City and once I saw the bazillions of people and the security guards guarding all the entrances I knew It wasnt going to happen, and I was instantly sad I didnt bring my zoom lens.
Luckily, I have a awesome BF that was excited for me to see these guys so he went in for the kill and I followed.
He walked right past the people at the front VIP desk and acted like he was walking toward the bathrooms. He thought there would be a "back way". Sure enough, there was an elevator. We hop on, and Im laughing the whole time thinking...whats next?
We get off and BOOM! There stands Sione. He is an ordinary person, from a reality show, but it still intimated me and I just looked, smiled and walked right on past and hid behind a wall. Russ rounds the corner and I smiled and said, "That was him".
Russ's reaction was probably my favorite moment of the whole day.
Here we are, 2 adults, hiding behind a wall with Sione on the other side. Russ said we werent coming all this way to walk right past him so he went back over to him by the elevators and asked if it was him. He then proceeded to embarrass the livin day lights out of me by saying I was his biggest fan, and we had driven all the way up to see just him, and could I get my picture taken with him.
Just a heads up, if you ever plan on going and stalking someone, and you dont think you will actually see them, be prepared to look cute regardless. I hate even posting these pictures of myself because I think I look hideous, but still! Its Sione!

He was on the second to last season with his cousin Philippe who wasnt able to come to Park City. Here is his before and after.

After I got a picture with him he asked if we were on our way up to the VIP. Russ continued to embarrass me by saying we were coming up just to see him. So he showed us to the deck and we chatted away.

A lady came up to us and asked us if we had our VIP badges and Sione jumped in and said we were with him and asked if she could get us 2 VIP passes.
So here I thought Id maybe see them, and if I was lucky get a picture...turns out we hung out for an hr.

We got all the scoop from behind the scenes of the BL.
I confessed my love for Bob the trainer

He told us about some of the other people on the show, and who he still stays in touch with.
I love her as well, even though some of her outfit choices are questionable.

Overall, I was super D duper happy. Mission...totally and completely accomplished.
After that we went down to the finish line and cheered for some of the runners.
We went back to the VIP, had some grub and I got a picture with one of my friends and an interesting group of runners.

What a day!

We hurry and ran back down to SLC to change for the Strawberry Days rodeo in Pleasant Grove. I had never been, and was excited to attend.
I am so glad its finally summer and time to do these fun summer activities!
Even though we were already running late, I still stopped and bought my first pair of cowgirl boots! What do ya think?

We had a nice big fun group. Im sad I didnt get any pictures of everyone, but we did get a couple pictures in our rodeo gear.

And of course, I indulged in some much talked about Strawberries and cream.

Bring. On. Summer!!

7 comments:

Shelese said...

Ha ha, that is awesome. I am extra jealous! I love BL too :)

JoyLyn said...

WHATEVER! Wow! That is so fun that you got to meet and hang out with Sione! He was definitely one of my favorites. And I love the boots. :)

Kateka said...

Cute boots! I actually think Russ kind of looks like Bob a little bit... As for the behind the scenes BL you HAVE to tell me everything. Seriously, facebook a message to me or call and tell me. I am a biggest loser FANATIC. I have books, videos, have set up my own challenges, I am so so so curious!

Brittany said...

Chels... I'm so so jealous! I love Sione! How awesome is Russ, seriously? I love that he had no fear. Thanks for posting, I've been dying to hear all weekend how it was that you got to hang out with him.

Momma Fish said...

We LOVE Wipeout. Warren laughs like crazy which makes us all laugh even harder.

Tiffany said...

I'm so jealous!! Why does all that fun stuff always happen to you? :) I must have the worst luck!! You make me laugh.

Unknown said...

What a fun day! But you forgot to mention that you're now fb friends with Sione! Dang, you do have a good BF!!! haha