Monday, May 17, 2010

Bucket List

I noticed that this would be my 100th post!
I decided to make myself a Bucket List.
In honor of 100 post, I came up with 100 things I want to do before I die.
I have been extremely lucky enough to go after what I want, and I hope that never stops.
So here it goes!
For those of you who do not want to read 100 things about me, I will provide you with a few pictures along the way!
Oh, and if you want to do any of these things with me, Id love that.
I thought this would be hard, but it really wasn't, and even after I wrote the list Ive thought of others, but here is a good start.

Chelsea's Bucket List- In no particular order

1-See a firefly- I always thought there was something magical about them. I feel like I should be dangling from a tree branch upside down or something.

2-Cherry blossoms in Japan- holding a paper parasol of course
3-Write a book
4-Visit every continent
5-Visit every state
6-Raise a happy healthy family
7-Christmas lights in Russia- It would be cold, but then I could wear one of those big fluffy warm hats.

8-Attend New Years celebration in NYC
9-Run a marathon. I cant say this is high on my list, but I imagine the high after completing something like this would be unreal.
10-Make a homemade meal...everything from scratch. Oh, and have it taste good too.
11-Road trip in an old hippy van
12-Plant a garden *See #17
13-Become fluent in a foreign language..preferably Spanish.
14-Invent something
15-Sit front row at a jazz game
16-See the tulip fields in Holland

17-Overcome my fear of spiders (I dont know if thats possible?)
18-Learn to ball room dance
19-Become friends with a celebrity
20-Be in love forever
21-Live out of state for an least a yr
22-Live in a different country for at least a yr
23-Become an excellent cook *See #10
24-Join a bowling league
25-Learn to sail
26-Go para sailing (This seems very touristy, but I think it'd be great)
27-Always maintain a healthy weight
28-Be a good example
29-Teach someone something they will remember their whole lives
30-Learn sign language

31-Play the guitar
32-Ride the worlds longest zip line
33-See The Northern Lights-the Aurora Borealis
34-Ride with sled dogs- This one is high up there.
35-Visit the Taj Mahal
36-Walk the Great Wall of China and take another (Gram) Picture

37-Learn more about photography
38-Visit an orphanage overseas
39-Teach English to a foreign child
40-Make a quilt
41-Always have my priorities straight
42-Graduate with a BS
43-Be a tour guide on a sweet trip
44-Go on an African Safari
45-Visit the Price is Right- Im already thinking of a good shirt that will stand out.

46-Be famous for a very short time
47-Become more "green"
48-Always listen to my heart/gut- I've learned my lesson the hard way.
49-Buy something from Tiffany Co- nuf said.

50-Write a journal for all of my kids ages 0-18
51-Write a journal for myself!
52-Always be sincere
53-Never worry what others think of me
54-Visit the White house- Hopefully I can see Bo, the Pres dog while I am there.
55-Learn to love running
56-Never take anyone or anything for granted
57-Own a boat- doesn't have to be big
58-Always be smart with money
59-Start my own business
60-Swim with dolphins!
61-Watch turtles hatch and make their way to the ocean. I think that would be great!
62-One day have a second house by any kind of water
63-Have my own real pizza oven
64-Teach my kids to be giving & respect their elders
65-Prepare a pantry with emergency supplies
66-Have a wrap around porch one day- See #62
67-Take more figure skating lessons
68-Step out of my comfort zone and face a real fear
69-See the glowing fish in Puerto Rico ( I cant remember what they are called? Russ? A little help on this one)
70-Attend a world cup
71-Stop biting my fingernails
72-Grown long hair and donate to Locks for Love
73-Always live in the now & not worry about bigger and better things.
74-Be good about documenting my life (pictures/writings/stories) * See #51
75-Ride a long board around for a summer
76-Own my own scooter
77-Send my parents on their dream vacation
78-Play in the mud...it just looks fun.
79-Spend a weekend at Niagara Falls
80-Go Ice skating on a real lake. I dont know this girl, but this is exactly how I picture my day on the lake. *See #67

81-Visit Alaska and see the Orcas Whales while riding around in a tiny boat.
82-See the Seattle Fish market and catch a flying fish
83-No texting and driving! (Gosh Im bad at this) Also high on the list.
84-Help someone plan their dream wedding- See# 59
85-Be better with public speaking
86-Eat Lobster- I want to wear one of those plastic bibs and dip it lots of butter..at least I think that's how you eat lobster?

87-Visit Sundance film festival- This is where #19 would come in handy, or even #46
88-Simplify my life
89-Donate blood as often as possible
90-Learn to read music
91-Be better at wearing sunscreen, especially on my face. I dont want to look old.
92-Visit Bora Bora

93-Be frugal
94-Learn to love winter sports...Winter gets long, might as well find something to enjoy it.
95-Be a more attentive driver
96-Drink more water
97-Design clothes
98-Retire comfortably
99-Enjoy the little things
100-BE HAPPY!

9 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

I want to be on the price is right too, I want to come when you go!!! Great list!! You inspire me to be better too! Thanks Chelsea

Tyanna said...

Love this post Chels!! It is inspiring...it makes me want to make a list of my own. I hope you get to cross them all off...and if you make it to the White House give Obama a huge hug for me & tell him I am his biggest fan.

Shelese said...

Awesome! I love it. My hubbie's sister helped at an orphanage in El Salvador for a few months and loved it. If you went there it would help with your Spanish :) That is definately on my list.

Kateka said...

I've been wanting to learn spanish and sign language (and latin and french) forever!! I've been planning on buying ROSETTA STONE but if you end up taking a class, I'd totally do it with you.

As for Sundance, I'd also be totally down with that! Let's go together to the next festival! Is it a date?

I love that you did 100 things you want to do instead of the '100 things about me' post. This is for more original and interesting to read.

Brittany said...

Love this Chels! I've been to the Price is Right! Totally worth it, you need to go!

Kami said...

Side note on #96: Drink bottled water. Forget about going "green".....ha ha

AP said...

I'll go to Bora Bora with you!

Shauna said...

What a great list! Now I want to make a bucket list of my own! By the way, thanks for checking out my blog! I'm going to add you to mine...hope that's ok!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

First of all...can I just tell you that I miss you? I was thinkin about you the other day because we just got a puppy and I am starting to understand how you feel about Ecko...aren't dogs the best?? I loved the list!! Couple thoughts as I was reading over it...#1. I remember the performance you and Jeanette were in for ice skating : ) the figure skating goal made me think of it. #2. I'm with ya on the no biting your fingernails...it's so hard to stop once it's a habit...I still do it. #3 A lady I work with owns huskies and does sled dog racing kind of stuff #4 I know that you love alfredo pizza...I just learned how to make it from scratch this year...if you want me to teach you or give you the recipe, I totally will! #5 I'll make a quilt with you!!! : ) #6 Seriously, awesome list...lets get together soon! : )