Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Faux Pas

According to Wikipedia Faux Pas: is a violation of accepted social norms.
I wanted so badly years ago to become Utah's very best dog walker for all the rich folk. I was going to have an extremely successful business called Fo Paw (like Faux Pas) I think its a great word, even if the meaning isnt as great.
Fo Paw.. like 4 paws.
Well the fact I have to explain is exactly why my business crumbled before my very eyes before I even attempted to get it going. The name is everything!
Anyway, if any of you steal my idea and become rich and famous, I feel I deserve a cut of your riches.
My fo pawed beauty turned 4 this last weekend.
I never thought I would be one of those dog owners that loved their dog like a child. Im sure when I do have a child the love wont be quite the same, but for now, I love her a whole lot.
We have been through a ton together.
I bought her when I was living in Hawaii and she was just a tiny 8 week old.
This was the day I bought her

They had advertised this huge "puppy swap meet". But apparently the big island of Hawaii isnt a dog friendly place because their huge puppy swap meet was 4 dogs. There was one black dog that was the black dog special. All the other non black dogs were more expensive. Ecko was $50 and that included a bag of dog food. Best $50 Ive spent.
Come on..is this not the cutest puppy you have ever seen?

My Grandma Kemp used to tell me stories of her cousin Echo and I loved the name. I couldnt see myself naming a child Echo, but I thought it would be great for this dog.
No offense to Grams cousin.
Anyone that meets Ecko always comments on how it looks like she is actually smiling.
This started at a very young age.
This is one of my favorite pictures of her. My dad thinks she looks like a bat...maybe.

Doesnt she look happy?

She is also known to give killer hugs. This also started at a young age

She has some weird habits. For example, if she really likes what you are feeding her, she wont eat it in front of you. She will hold it in her mouth for ever until you let her out to eat.

Thats why we make such a good team. We both love pancakes...
And Ice cream..


I think it looks like she is smoking a cig.
I drive an SUV so I just open up the back and she hops in. We were at my parents and my mom was getting ready to leave and we went outside to find this

Wrong car Ecko...right idea.
She is so great with my brothers and sisters kids.
Here, we told her to stay so the kids could throw leaves on her, and she did.

Plus, she makes a great pillow for my brother

Last year, for her hair cut, they shaved her long fur and left the tail...not what I wanted but I thought it was funny.
This year, I took her to get shaved and told them to make sure and shave the tail but leave her face and ears fluffy. Somehow they took that as turn her into the worlds first black lion.

I think I literally cocked my head sideways with a 'huh?' expression when I saw her. I thought about taking her back but everyone laughs at her, so It makes it fun.
Anyway...A big happy 4th birthday to Ecko.
I hope I have many more great years with you pup.

6 comments:

Jadie said...

I love this post. Ecko is so cute and so LUCKY to have you for a Mama!

Love you bunches,
Jadie

Kaysie said...

Happy Birthday Ecko!!! I LOVE her lion look - next time leave her tail fluffy tho - that is the best part of the lion look! :)

Kateka said...

Just the cutest dog ever! Happy birthday Ecko!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Aw...I love it! Happy birthday Ecko!! Guess what...Dust and I picked out a puppy a couple weeks ago, and we get to pick her up this Saturday. It's silly because we don't even have her yet, but I went and visited her a couple days after we picked her out and...I think I'll be just like you in that I'll be acting like she's my kid. Never thought I would be that way either. : ) Miss ya!

Janaca said...

That is definitely one cute puppy!! There's not many things better than cuddling with a cute little puppy. That's awesome you've had her for 4 years! She looks and sounds like an awesome dog and she is very lucky to have someone who loves her so much! I think it's awesome your parents got her an easter basket and stuff too. You can tell she's definitely a big part of the fam!

MEGandJEFF said...

What a cute puppy she was!! And a cute doggy, now! Happy Birthday to Ecko!

Everyone needs a doggy pal :) they make life better!