Friday, June 5, 2009

The Worlds Fugliest Haircut

I have heard some horror stories in my time about bad hair cuts....oh wait, I've actually been most of those stories.
I went to Australia for a couple weeks and put in extensions, only to come home and have half my hair fall out with them. I am not joking, I woke up after taking them out and my pillow was FULL of hair. My mom went to grab it and it just came out in her hands.
Once, when I was younger and a poor college student I thought, why not, Ill try to go to a beauty school. I came out a total leopard. The bleach was all spotty.
But I do have to say, now that I am older and single and somewhat care about my looks this one hurt bad.
I found a hair stylist that I love. She does such a great job, her prices are good, and she is fast for the most part. I always walk away feeling good. Well this weekend I am going out with the girls and thought...I should cut bangs! I call my hair girl and she is out on vacation. Crap. I really wanted it done.
So I texted her and asked her if she would care if I used someone else to just cut my bangs. She was cool with it.
I decided to go to what I thought was a very trusty spa.
So today on my lunch break I took this picture...


After 20 short minutes and me holding my breath the whole time I finally had to stop her at this point...


This is an awesome picture because I had just been bawling my eyes out and complaining to my sister on the way home. I couldnt even wait to get home to take a real picture and show her. I had to snap one with my phone in the car.
You can see all the product she put in them to make them look...I dont know what she was doing actually.
I wanted to go bury myself for a month, but after slicking them back with a gallon of hairspray and showing my work friends pictures, we all laughed (really hard) and I feel better. But seriously...What the hell??
What am I supposed to do for the next month until my bangs that look like my 2 yr old neice cut them grows out??

10 comments:

Amy Dayton said...

Chels- I am so sorry! I have had some BAD haircuts too. The worst was having my hair cut much shorter than I wanted right before I got married so I couldn't do the updo I wanted. You still look beautiful!

AP said...

Oh! I am so sorry. I had a reverse mullet once if it makes you feel any better. You would look beautiful bald, though, so don't worry!

paigernate said...

how my gosh chels! i am SOO sorry.... sadly enough i cut kailey's bangs for her once and we BOTH cried.... it was horrible! she learned to LOVE bobby-pins for a long long time :) they are always good for a laugh... down the road....you are still beautiful!

The Conders said...

Oh I'm sorry! You look good, no matter what though!

MEGandJEFF said...

Aw, Chels! That stinks! I hate a not-fabulous haircut :( If it's any condolence, my hair, that you so sweetly complimented, is now waaaaay shorter than that & I'm having mixed feelings (mainly wondering how boyish I look). Thank goodness the stuff grows! And btw, I'm sure you look absolutely gorgeous. You always do.

Kateka said...

Oh man. I mean I don't want to sound like the mean friend who's like, YOU'RE RIGHT IT LOOKS HORRIBLE! Because, I don't want to sound like a mean friend, and it doesn't look HORRIBLE. Chels, you are so funny. I love that you can laugh it off. Until then, do that braided headband thing. You probably already know how to do this, but if not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOLtOMeb79g

HUGHES FAMILY said...

I'm sorry Chubs! That's a bummer...I am actually debating getting bangs for my bridals/the wedding cause I think it will make the hair do i want look better but...it's scary to let someone cut bangs (espeically when you haven't had them for 20 years)...but you always look gorgeous so don't worry! I like doing the little poof in the front with bobby pins when my hair is in a pony tail or down...I bet they'd fit back in that. Love ya!

Annie said...

You still look awesome as always! I don't think they look that bad! We need to go to lunch-soon! Love ya! I hope everything is going ok.

Janaca said...

Man they sure didn't do a very good job of making them like the picture did they! You are GORGEOUS though Chels, honestly every picture I see of you you look so cute. :)

Unknown said...

LOL, that is funny!

Hey, I'm the girl that wrote the 'cheating' story in Mile High Mamas. Thanks for visiting it.

Yeah, this time my hair turned out well. Once before it had not. This new stylist tried 'The Diamond'. Ever heard of it? Good, cause trust me, it's BAD!

Is your sister Meg from Meg and Jeff?

Okay, I'm going now, but really, that cut isn't too bad, and bangs do grow incredibly fast.