Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Memorial weekend was a good one this year. We didnt really have any plans but had mentioned going up to Park City for the day. Sunday morning rolled around and my brother called and said lets just go! So I was excited. My brother and his family and my mom and I drove up in the pouring rain and it ended up being a beautiful day!
We started up at the outlets and got some cute clothes! Kami is fun to shop with because if you ask her...should I get this pair of shorts or this pair? She says...both! Ahh I like that about her.
The girls & Kel at the outlet

We drove across the street and had a "snack" at Red Rock. It was really tasty.
After what we thought would be a snack, but turned into 3 pizzas, fries, and turkey sandwich, we drove up to the Alpine slides to do the Alpine Coaster but it was $20 bucks a ride! We decided we would rather go Lagoon for a day for that price!
But the kids got to have a ride on the Merry go round and tractor.

Kel was not loving it.

But Kinley was!

Gotta love my family...


I love Park City

Kemp Fam

Me and Kinley

My mom then treated us to Rocky Mountain Chocolate's caramel apples. You cant go up to park city without one!
We drove back home where we met my sister and her family and my dad for the most amazing dinner I have had in a long time. There aren't words to describe my dads ribs. They are unbelievable. The meat just falls right off the bone, the flavor is unlike any you have ever experienced...they are wonderful.
I was not hungry at all because we had the "snack" before, but I still managed to fit 5 ribs in. My mom made delicious funeral potatoes, salad and rolls. Wow.
BBQ chicken pizza, Ribs, and caramel apple in one day, It doesnt get better.

Kel was loving the ribs too

Lets just say Ecko has been in Heaven the last couple of days getting all of the bones.
B & Gus

My mom and Millie

Oakie Dokie

Monday morning, I slept in, which I never can do. For some reason even on the weekends I am up by 7 so it was nice to sleep in for a bit.
I was in the mood for a jog, so I went for a nice run and on my way home I saw my mom and dad walking to the cemetery for the ceremony so I joined them.
It was such a nice ceremony, and there was a moment that really hit me hard. They had set up a row of chairs for anyone that had served our country. They were all older guys, and during one of the songs that was played one of them started crying and took his glasses off to wipe his tears and it really made me think. I have no idea what those guys had to go through, I had no ideas what their families went through while they were gone. I have no idea if one of their friends or family died along side of them. All of these things I think we take for granted without realizing what was sacrificed for us, by complete strangers.
I am SO grateful to live in a free country, and grateful for all the men and women that have fought and died to make that possible.
Also, I had an opportunity to think about my grandparents that have passed. I miss them very much and am so glad I had as much time with them and made many wonderful memories!

8 comments:

kollers said...

Chubby wubby. . . you couldn't be any cuter! I just love you. Your family is so dang cute and I can't believe how big the twins are already! You are a very thoughtful person too, thinking of the soldiers and what they may have gone through. We need to get together soon!

Kateka said...

You are so sweet Chelsea. I love that you soak in the moments that you are in right now. Most people are constantly thinking of what's coming next and don't take time to cherish life at that moment. I want to be more like you!

Barlow Fam said...

What a fun weekend you had... You look great, still no baby yet so we can get together when ever, I'm for sure having him on Wednesday so it might be hard to fit it in, but if we can I would love to.. Let me know!

Annie said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend!!! All the talk about food is making me hungry!! We need to go to lunch soon....

Emilie said...

What a fun Memorial Day and how great you were able to attend a ceremony at the cemetery. They really do make you stop and think about what the day is all about. Anyway, cute pics! I love little gus gus.

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Chelts! Kinley is so grown up! Your Neices and nephews are adorable! I miss ya...lets get together soon k?

MEGandJEFF said...

Sounds like a fun Memorial weekend..you look wonderful :) I think it is great that you're closest friends are your fam! Yay for family :)

Momma Fish said...

We were in PC too!! IT was awesome. I don't think I will ever NOT go to the outlets on Memorial Day. The sales were awesome!!!!!