Monday, June 29, 2009

Father's Day

Better late then never I guess.
We had a blast on Fathers Day. We met up at Silver Fork Lodge for a scruptious breakfast.
Its kind of hard going out to eat with all of the little ones in the family, but still a lot of fun, and who doesnt like Silver Fork?

I couldnt be more proud of Mei Mei. She has sucessfully learned the art of making me look somewhere and shooting me with her straw wrapper...ahh Ive taught her well. For how timid and shy she can be she has a lot of good tricks up her sleeve to scare me, and it really works. The other day she hid in the linen closet & I had no idea. She jumped out and scared me and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I love that girl. Anyway, back to Fathers Day breakfast..
Is this not the most precious face?

Can you see what I mean about it being hard to go out and eat?

After we got done eating, and just after a big rain fall we decided to head up to Silver Fork Lake and walk around the trail. While we were getting everyone in their cars I could see my dad and B doing something in the back of their car. They looked so mischevious so I went around to look. I dont know why, but I just thought this was so cute. Both guys, just chatting making baby bottles :)

Because it had just finished raining it was a bit chilly. But so beautiful!
I love my dad and am so grateful for all he has done for our family. He is such a great guy and I have the best time hanging out with him. His sense of humor is one of a kind and I love it.

I love this picture too

It was a really pretty walk.
The babies

Kiz & B

Once we got to the other side of the lake there was a huge puddle. And of course Oakley went right for it. It was so funny. She didnt care.

Then she found some granola in her stroller and started feeding the chipmunks. It was so funny, they walked right up to her. One of them almost ripped her hand off.

Half way through our walk it started pouring and the wind was blowing really hard. We took cover here, and were all hiding under trees. My mom just kept saying to all of us hiding under the trees "Does anyone want some chocholate?" She was chilling on a log eating a candy bar.

The girls in our hoods.

The Boys

The Girls

Cody & Bell

After our walk my dad wanted to take us to this park that had a ton of plants and flowers. It was really beautiful, but it ended up pouring rain on us there too!
Mei Mei & Oaks

All my little nieces & nephews

When it started to rain I was running behind my mom and ripped off her hood and stuck it on me. You can see the surprise on her face. Haha, I love it. She is a good sport.


***********
This weekend I went and spend the night at my sisters house and we took the kids to the pool. We had one baby each. I got Millie most of the time and she was loving it. It was the babies first time in the pool and they both had a ton of fun.
CC's family

Me & Oaks

Are these little legs not the cutest?

B & the girls

I think we may have stayed in the pool too long. Look at these wrinkles!

9 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

What a fun time you and your family always have... What a fun fathers day and how fun at the pool!!! I sure hope we can get together soon to make jam or to get together with the ladies!! Freezer Jam is the best kind of Jam and it doesn't take a lot of time..

Amy Dayton said...

I totally get what you mean about going out to eat with the small kids. It's a lot of work! Your family looks so fun and happy!

Janaca said...

You and your fam are always getting out and doing new and fun things it seems like! I wish I could get out more. I LOVE all the pictures. You are so cute and I hope I get to see ya Friday! It wouldn't be a parade without chatting with the Kemps! :)

MEGandJEFF said...

What a fun weekend! You have a cute family, Chels..the twins are adorable! I need to get better at taking pics..you are great at that!

& to answer your question on my post: We moved to West Jordan..9000 S 6000 W. I absolutely love our house! Even if it is chock-full o' boxes & will be for quite some time. ANYWHO! It would be really fun to see you sometime, & some of the other RHS Soccer girls sometime!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

How fun...I love your family! Your mom has been the greatest!

Grannie Kathy said...

What a FUN post. Thanks for being our family photo gal!! You are the best. I love my family - what fun times!!

Kateka said...

You have such a cute family. Hey, I decided the other day, that I think you are cuter version of Sophie Monk... Anyway....

I just wanted to thank you for your kind words on my blog about my being fired! You are such a good friend. I am so thankful for you. Lets get together and do lunch soon. You are darling. I love you, thanks again!

AP said...

I miss you guys!

Heidi Henderson said...

I love that you take such great pictures... and I love seeing all the fun things you do as a family! You're family is one awesome and one of a kind family! thanks for sharing your great memories! :)