Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July!

I LOVE the 4th of July. By far my favorite holiday of the year. My family has a fun tradition that makes it that much better. This year, we mixed it up a bit so I could cross off one more item of my summer to do list, and we made tin foil dinners instead of the regular BBQ. Love it. Just a warning, I had too many cute pictures and couldnt cut many of them out. So there are a lot of pictures ahead.
Every year we walk to the Riverton parade. Before we walked down my mom and I made our tin foil dinners.


Then everyone started showing up with their premade tin foil dinners and we were off to the parade! We have the nicest friends/neighbors that save us a great spot for the parade. It has a small spot of shade for the little ones which makes it nice!
The twins

Oaks & Mei Mei (Doesnt my sister do an awesome job making their bows?)

Mei & her BFF Brandy

My Dad all ready for the parade

Bell kept running into the street looking for the parade that hadnt started.

Cody & Kam

My Auntie Katy & cousin Burgon came down to spend the evening with us. Last year the Jensens came to the parade and had a BBQ with us after but didnt sleep over. So my sister and I went and toilet papered their house in the middle of the night. Turns out they sat up and watched us do the whole thing!
Burgon & Millie

My Aunt Katy, me & Mei Mei being a good girl and not letting one float go by without waving.

Oakley LOVED the dancing girls and all the music. She was getting her groove on anytime she heard music. This was one of my favorite moves.

Mom & Gus

Oaks & my dad

After the parade we came back to my parents to cook our tin foil dinners!
I wanted a picture of all the kids in their cute matching outfits. We couldnt get them to sit still for 2 sec. This is the best one I got!

The Twins

Gus Man

Mei & Brandy

CC & her family. I love that Oakley is chowing down a raw piece of corn on the cob.

My mom & Burgon husking corn.

CC, Me & Kam

Right after I took a picture with my sisters I went to get up and I was stuck to the grass. I had just sat in a piece of chewed up & spit out taffy.

I will have to say I think Kaysie won the Tin foil dinner challenge. She went above and beyond. She made taco tin foil dinners, a breakfast one, sweet potatoe fries, and then she made this delcious dessert. She cut a banana in half with the peel still on, and stuffed one with chocholate and marsh mellows. Then she did another one which is the one I tried that was marshmellows and peanut butter...so tasty. Then she wrapped it up in foil and stuck it on the fire.

All of our tin foil dinners cooking on the fire pit.

My cousin Garrett had to work the earlier part of the night, but he came over for dinner and to hang out for the rest of the night!

Here is how my dinners turned out! Turkey burgers and veggies. Yum.

After we hung out around the camp fire we got all set up for our outdoor sleepover! I couldnt get a very good picture of us all at night, but here we are in the morning waking up! Even the babies got to sleep outside.

Kel waking up

My mom and all her grand babies

My dad cooked a delcious breakfast. He made swedish thins and my brother did all the meat on the BBQ

Bel & Mei Mei having breakfast

After breakfast CC & her family had to head out to another family party. Cody and his family stuck around for a bit and we had pizza for lunch. After we hung out for a bit I went and bought a new camera. Yahoo! Then I went with some friends and watched the Sugar house fire works. What a fun, fun holiday. Hope everyone had a blast!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

aww it looks like you had a ton of fun! the 4th is our favorite too!

Janaca said...

Such fun traditions! Looks like it was a blast. I'm so bummed we didn't see ya at the parade this year! It's my parents fault since they found some shade and just decided that's where we were sitting...I would've been in our regular spot if it was up to me!

Shawn and Kailey Ames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn and Kailey Ames said...

Sorry I deleted my first comment... I wasn't done :). Anyways your pictures are super cute it looks like you are having such a fun summer! We need to get together, sorry I am not so great a keeping in tough lately- I'm kinda in my own little world, dancing around in mommy-ville, but I still love you, and think about you often!

Shawn and Kailey Ames said...

Sorry, yet another comment from me, sorry for the typos... what it is suppose to say is: sorry I'm not so great AT keeping in TOUCH lately.

Melissa said...

How fun!! What great family traditions. I am so jealous... Ryker and I didn't do anything for the 4th since Ryker was sick!

Barlow Fam said...

What a fun weekend you all had! I'm glad you are getting things crossed off your list!! I'm glad I could be apart of one of your things,I can't wait to catch up with you and make Jam!!!

kollers said...

Chels! What a fun family tradition you guys do every year! And those twins have got to be the cutest babies ever. You are such a cute aunt! I just love your fam dam.

MEGandJEFF said...

Holy Cow!! What a great 4th, Chels! I'm craving your tinfoil dinners & banana desserts..those sound A-mazing! I think it's pretty funny your behind got Laffy-Taffied :)

Tashina said...

It looks like you really did have a great time! You have a great family to keep up all the traditions- so much fun!

Emily said...

How fun - and what a cute family, every single one of you!!!! You are off to a great summer! -Emily