Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Living Traditions

This past Saturday my mom and I had a Mother-Daughter date down town. It was really fun.
We hopped on tracks and headed to the Living Traditions. It was really cool. It was a festival put on by different nationalities now living in Utah. So there was dancing, music, and food from all over the world.
My friend Ale who I work with dancing for El Salvador. We got off the tracks and walked over just in time to see her dance. There were a TON of people there and everyone wanted to stand right in front of us so I didn't get the greatest picture of her, but she did awesome!
She is in blue and in the front.
After she danced I went looking for her, but there were so many people I couldnt find her. I was bummed because I wanted to get a picture of her in her awesome dress.

We then met up with one of my old high school friends Rachel. She lives downtown and wanted to go so we all met up.
We heard the food was amazing so we were walking around to all the different booths trying to figure out which countries booth we wanted to eat at! Oh the possibilities. There were tons of booths and all the food looked and smelled amazing. We heard from Ale that the Pakistani food was the best.
So we were standing in this huge long line when I realized I was missing my hoody that was hanging on my purse. I was wearing a tank top and knew it was going to start getting cooler. So my mom comes up with this brilliant idea to go look for it while Rachel and I stand in line. I thought she was down right crazy. There were like a bazillion people there, the grounds were huge and we had no idea where it could be. So I thought It was nice of her to offer so I would just let her do what she wanted and wait in line. Well like a half an hour later she comes up behind and me and says "Would this be yours?" Sure enough, there she was holding my hoody. I was amazed to say the least.
I swear I have never been with my mom anywhere where she hasnt known someone. She ran into someone she used to work with that had a food stand there and he hooked us up with a fried banana while we waited in line. It was so tasty.
The food was really good. I have no idea what most of it was, but I do know there was chicken, a pita and a whole lot of spices.
Rachel & my mom eating our Pakistani food.

While we were sitting there eating, I looked up and noticed that Ale and her family were eating right next to us on the lawn. I was so happy. I didnt think I would see her.
Alejandra & Me
Me & Ale's daughter Victoria
After we ate and the sun when down and I was especially glad to have my mom search for my hoody, we went and listened to a band playing right out side the old county building.
The scenery was really cool. I wish my picture would have turned out better.
Here we are watching...or I should say listening to a band play.
Rachel & Me
Havin fun.
We listened to the band play for awhile and then walked to the other side and watched another band and some more dancing.
We decided to head back to the tracks. I had to have my mom rein act finding my hoody because I thought it was so funny.

To all my Siblings that will get this joke...I got a new hoody!! ;)

Here we are heading out.
I would totally recommend this to anyone for next year. The entry is free, the food is awesome, and people watching wasnt too bad either.
Thanks for the fun date mom.

5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

What a fun thing to go and just be with your Mom. It looks like Rachel is doing good also. I haven't had this baby yet so lets get together soon!!!

Janaca said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! I can't believe your mom found your hoody too. That's pretty amazing! You look gorgeous Chels in all your pictures like always! :)

Kateka said...

This looks like so much fun! Take me with you next year.

*~Sarah~* said...

That looked like a really fun day! Im pretty sure we bought those hoody's together after tepanyaki when we went on a double date. Do you remember?? or am I crazy??
You look great, hope everything is going well!

Angie said...

What a fun day! I always like to do things like this with my mom as well. You look great, Chels, and you look so dang tan! I'm jealous! I really need to stop by Del Sol one of these days.