Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

Mothers Day this year was such a blast for me. Hopefully it was for my mom, and my sisters that are mothers as well.
Anyone that knows the Kemps, know that we like to have all-day parties. And that we did.
But before I get into Mothers Day, I want to show off a great picture of my parents.
My dad LOVES horseracing and the Derby. So while I was out of town they a party and wore Kentucky Derby hats. He wanted to show me what he wore. I was sure sad I missed it, but glad I could get a chance to see it after all.
I love my parents. They are completely awesome.
Mothers day was so great. The fam all met at my parents house for an incredible brunch put on by my dad and my brother and brother in law. They did a mighty fine job.
My dad cooked his famous Swedish thins..

The record for most eaten is 8.
This skinny little thing had ...
I think I am working on number 3 about now
Heres a couple cute pictures of Millie with my mom and sister


Kel did a good job of keeping the babies entertained while we finished eating.
Playing peek a boo with Gus Gus

We tried to get the kids pictures taken out on the front porch and front yard area.
Kinley is a good help, but as you can see, Oakley is about to drop her siblings in both pictures.
Hold on Gus!

After we cleaned up breakfast and took some pictures we all went out and hung out on the deck.
It was such a beautiful day. Before you know it, Cody and I were the only ones awake!

Even Oakley got a little sleepy..is that possible?

I think this picture is hilarious.
It looks like my dad put some kind of drugs in his breakfast. Everyone is out.
After everyone woke up from their little cat nap, Kaysie and her family had to go to B's family party so the rest of us went down by the river for a nice afternoon walk.
Kinley got a little tired of riding her bike on the way back so Cody thought he'd take her for a stroll..
After our walk we stopped by the park for the kids to play on the play ground for a bit.
Then we went back to my parents house for hot dogs and hamburgers and more relaxing on the deck.
I hadnt seen my family for a couple weeks so it was so good to see everyone and hang out and have some laughs. I love them all.
I am so grateful I have such awesome mothers around me and for being such great examples.

6 comments:

Kaysie said...

I have to say - you have the cutest neices and nephews! :)
It was a super fun day - thanks for helping the guys out!

Janaca said...

What a fun day! That looks like it was a blast. You do have one awesome family! I love how everyone fell asleep. :)

Tashina said...

I love the pics of everyone sleeping on the deck- so funny!! Sounds like you guys had a great day!

Emilie said...

What a cute fam Chelse! I love that little kel and omg, Oakley is turning into such a gorgeous little girl!

Kami said...

You kick butt bub...

Kateka said...

You are so freaking pretty, Chels. Seriously. And not that you have ever in the tiniest bit have you EVER look "chubb"y at all, but have you lost some weight? You are looking really skinny! But, you always have been.