Monday, October 17, 2011

What up Heise!

As Ive mentioned in previous post, my brother Cody and his family moved to Idaho the beginning of this year.
I hadnt seen them since I had been engaged so Russ and I decided to go up for a weekend and play. My parents also had planned on being there that week so our trip overlapped a bit.
We had a great time.
My brother lives in an amazing place with so many fun things to do!
The next morning after we arrived, we woke up really early and went zip lining! I really cant think of many things I love more than to zip line. The rush of stepping off the plat form, the feeling of cruising high over pretty land below, and then of course the excitement of coming in for the landing at mock 9.
Gangs all ready!

Me and Mei

The fun 4 wheel ride to the top..

The view from up top. It was really pretty to see the Snake river from above.

I was so proud of this little guy.
He was the first to go down (with the help of a guide of course) and he was terrified! He was trying so hard to be brave, but had to let a few tears fall.

After seeing the rest of us come down and getting a few zips under his belt he was having fun!

Russ and I having fun..

I was also so very proud of my mom! Her first time zip lining and she did great!

I have to give "funniest zip liner" to my dad. He just held his hand above the line and acted like it was no big deal. It almost looked like he was walking on air.

I will give the "The most handsome zip liner" award to Russ.

I dont know what award to give myself.
My brother dared me to start going upside down. But with each line, you only have so long and its really hard to flip your body upside down when you are harnessed at your waste and moving fast.
Each line I got better and better until I was completely upside down and hands off the line.

Well, as soon as I enjoyed my time upside down, I knew the end was coming soon. So the same strength you have to get upside down you have to use to get back up. As soon as I was upright I was coming in really fast and the brakes snapped and broke. Yep. It hurt. So I slammed into the end coming really fast and because I hit so fast, I immediately started sliding back down the line until I was just hanging above the ground in the middle of the line. The guides had to hike down and throw me a rope and pull me back in. All while my dad was laughing hysterically of course.
Initially, I was coming in so fast I moved the cable out of the way of my face, which left my arm in the way. I thought for sure I broke my elbow. But it was fine and still such a blast and got feeling better throughout the day.
I love this picture of my brother and Mei.

The best part about this story, is the company felt so bad,we all got free t-shirts and free admission into the hot springs! Score!
After zip lining, we went and played some golf.



My arm was still actually hurting at this point so Mei and I went and got everyone pizza. I love being able to spend one on one time with each of my nieces and nephews. We just sat in the pizza parlor waiting for our pizza to cook,shared a slushy and chatted. I cant believe she is almost going to be eight!
After pizza, golf and relaxing for a bit, we all went down to the hot springs! It felt so amazing! The hot spring is fed into a big pool so its nice and big and feels so warm and amazing!
We took full advantage of the "free" entrance. Next to the springs is a pool with a water slide which was like $1 every time you wanted to go down. But since we got the free pass, me, Cody, Mei and Russ went down that slide so many times. It was a blast! It was also cold and raining so it felt great going from a cold water slide and running next door into the warm hot spring!





We put the kids to bed and stayed up late playing games.
Russ is really modest with his winnings.

So much fun Kemps! And for any of you going up near Idaho Falls, swing in the Heise Zip line. You wont regret it. The people are great and its so stinkin fun!
PS. If you go, try and go upside down. Its really hard and I am not joking when I say its the worst my abs have ever felt. Such a great core workout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those who struggle with your abdominal workout at the end of your exercise session, try incorporating it into your strength core workout. Between exercise sets, choose one or two abdominal exercises to do and perform 10-15 repetitions of each, and then move on to your subsequent weight machine.

Janaca said...

What a great time you guys have as a family!! That zip line looks like a total blast. Glad you were able to have a fun trip!