Friday, October 7, 2011

Pre-Wedding Diet

The Utah State Fair came into town not to long ago.
I have the best memories of the state fair growing up!
I look forward to it every year and would go every day if it was free. I love the food, I love to people watch, I love the rides and all the gadgets and gizmos a plenty!
This year, with wedding planning and rain, our fair schedule was a bit off.
One Saturday, we did wedding plans earlier in the day and ran off to the fair for a few hours.
The fair isnt exactly a perfect place to go when you are trying to fit in that wedding dress that has already been altered to fit you perfectly. But come on! Its the fair! The only thing I missed this year was the fried peanut butter and jelly. Mmmm, I love it.
We started off by sharing a foot long corn dog.

But that of course was just an appetizer, and mighty good one at that.
We then decided we had to try the pizza Philly steak sandwich!

We polished that off with a bag of jalapeno chips.
As we were walking to the big yellow slide (Who doesnt love the big yellow slide??) we passed the peaches and creme.
That was sure a treat.

Dont let all these pictures of Russell fool you. I consumed equally half.
There is just something about the big yellow slide. Grabbing a burlap sac and heading for the top.
Even though this is a hideous picture I love that you can see the fair grounds and SLC.

Russ and I have terrible luck. If we ask someone to take a picture for us in a cool place, they generally miss whatever it is we want in the background. For example; we went to SEAL beach and there were of course seals ALL around us. We asked this nice person passing by to take a picture of us and the seals and it was literally just a picture of us. There were loads and loads of sun bathing seals and there was not one in sight on our picture.
I asked another very nice lady to take a picture of us and the big yellow slide.

She must have heard big yellow shed. Thanks anyway lady.

After playing some fun carnival games, attempting to win a goldfish, seeing the carved butter attraction, looking through the art and photos, talking to bee keepers, begging Russ for the cutest "Its SO fluffy!!" (Said in Despicable Me voice) bunny rabbit, and enjoying some intense people watching, we prepared our departure with a funnel cake. And yes, we finished the whole thing.

If you are thinking I look high, thats because I was. High on sugar and fried goodness.
You would think after eating all that you would want to fall into a food coma.
Instead, we went straight to a BYU-UTAH football party. The nice friend that was hosting had made home made chili. We couldnt be rude an decline her offer so we wrapped up the night with a nice bowl of chili, rolls, and cookies.
I think at this rate my dress should fit just fine....gulp.
GO UTES!!!!!

5 comments:

Kate and Wiley said...

I love fried foods--especially corn dogs. I don't know why but they just make my mouth water. Oh and I wanted to tell you that we have the same problem when other people take our pictures. I will take like an awesome picture for them where they look great and there is great stuff in the background and then they take a picture of us in the center of the picture and we look like we weren't ready. This is why digital cameras were invented!

Annalee said...

I love it Chels!! enjoy it while you can!

Brittany said...

Oh wow... I MISS the Utah fair so much! You look super thin in all of your pics. I think you have nothing to worry about concerning your pre-wedding diet. You're gorgeous! I know I say this every time I talk to you or comment on your blog, but really, I am so so sad I'm not going to be there for your wedding. Miss you!

Brittany said...

P.S. I was laughing so hard about other people taking pics and missing the backdrop you want. That always happens to us!

kollers said...

You little cutie you! Its a good thing you are tiny already and don't need to diet at all!!! If you lost any weight- you might just blow away. You and Russ are just darling and adventurous and I am so happy and excited for you two! I love the proposal story below. . . I can just imagine that fridge shattering his plans! Turned out SO cute and that is awesome you guys have an actual pic of the proposal! That clever rat him. Can't wait to see ya on Thursday!