Saturday, October 22, 2011

A gentle woman indeed.

My niece Oakley is probably one of the funniest little kids I know.
She has such a clever sense of humor, and is always so friendly.
Apparently right now she has watched a few too many movies about princes.
Earlier this summer I had stopped by my parents house and my sister was also there and was out in the yard with all her kids. I was talking to my mom and sister and Oakley kept trying to get my attention. When I finally looked, she was on her knee with a pine cone asking me to marry her. I wasnt engaged at the time so I had no idea where she came up with that one!
I was out to my sisters a couple weeks ago for a birthday party and as I was leaving she frantically runs ahead of me, runs down the stairs and plops on her knee with her hand held out to help me down the stairs.

Its really weird having a 4 year old being a..."gentleman" but hilarious!!
A couple of days ago I came to my parents house during my lunch break to see all the kiddos that were playing and to have lunch.
As soon as I pulled into the driveway all 6 of the nieces and nephews came running out to my car. I see Oakley pushing through the kids, I open the door, and boom! Down on a knee, hand out. It killed me. It's so hard not to bust out laughing.

Thank you Miss O, I feel like a princess indeed.
Where do kids come up this this stuff?
Not only is she a gentleman she is a killer soccer player :)

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Amazing. So funny! Love that you've captured the moments.