Monday, September 19, 2011

Proud to be an American!

I sure love the 4th. I love everything about it.
This year we did the same ol traditions as always...Parade, dinner, family sleepover and big breakfast!
Riverton Parade..
On the way to the parade (Cody still thinks he is in Taiwan)



After the parade we went over to a fundraiser carnival for dinner, games and a photobooth!

We went back to the ol parents and laid out the row of sleeping bags and surprisingly enough, had the best night of sleep ever on a family sleep over.
Thank you kiddos! If you look close, Russ and I are the only ones lucky enough to still be asleep!



My dad made his traditional Swedish thin breakfast!

Russ was preparing for this day for a long time. There is a record for most eaten Swedish thins years and years and years ago..like even before I was born for a total of 8 eaten. Russ went into breakfast ready to beat that record!
He did it!! 9 and a half Swedish thins. Makes me want to throw up thinking about it.
For the special occasion we played "For he's a jolly good fellow", made a fan tunnel for him to come out in

And the kids made some noise.



We celebrated little buddy's fist birthday!



Mei and I were getting our picture taken..

And K Bell wanted his picture with Russ(His favorite) by his new motorcycle :)

Because the 4th was on a Monday we had done the sleepover the first part of the weekend. That Monday, Russ and I had a good old fashioned 4th of July. We started early by getting up to run in my cities 5K...but 2 seconds into the run Russ had an injury to the ribs, so we went back to the park and had a fireman's breakfast and waited for the parade instead! Pancakes and bacon is way better then running anyway. After the parade was over, the firemen were doing a tug a war while spraying you down with their hose to make you let go of the rope. It looked so fun so Russ and I joined in and got SOAKED!Im sad I dont have any pictures of it, bu It was so much fun. Then they had another game where one team had one fire hose and a team across from you had another and you had to try and spray a bucket hanging in the air to the other side of the team. Im sure that makes no sense, but I dont know how else to explain it. Just picture a bunch of fun, in the middle of the park, and people getting soaked.
So we did that for a bit, went back to my house and got into some dry clothes and went back to the park to check out the booths. We got KFC (this is a rare occasion for me to eat KFC, but it was the 4th!) and had a picnic in the park.
It was so much fun riding my beach cruiser around in the park with my honey.
Then we decided to go swim! But when we got to the pool someone had pooped, so we scratched that. Why people dont put their kids in swim diapers is beyond me. This happened FOUR times to us this summer!
That night they had a really great concert in the park, so we went to the concert and watched a fantastic firework show.



Such a perfect 4th!

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Whenever I read your posts and the fun things your family does together I think to myself, "Hey that is a cute tradition. I am going to adopt that for my own family traditions one day." Seriously! I think that all the time.

When can we hang out?! I want to see you!

Brittany said...

Chels, I miss you and love you! We need to chat! Every year, your 4th looks like a blast. We need to adopt some of those traditions. Seriously, so fun!