Friday, September 9, 2011

Oregon Coast

So much to post, such little time!
I just bought a "Groupon" to print my blog, Im so excited.But that means I have a lot of catching up to do!
I left off blogging over a month ago with our Memorial Day road trip (In May!), and its not September. The good news is Ive been busy planning a weddin'! Woohoo, less then 2 months away.
Back to the blog for now though, and lets go back in time to May.
We finished off our road trip getting back to the US and driving down the Washington and Oregon coast. It was so beautiful!
Since Im short on time, and heavy on posting, this post will be mostly pictures.
One of the first stops after getting off the boat was this beautiful lookout.
The West coast is so beautiful.



We stopped for a short hike..





That night we drove to Forks Washington, where Twilight was filmed.

I hate to admit this, but I was never a Twilight fan..I know I know. BUT, it was very entertaining being in a town SATURATED with Twlight stuff. The menu items were all named after the characters, the hotel rooms were named after them, there were cut out figures of them all over...it was hilarious.
Forks did have our favorite beach of the whole trip. The best part, we were alone almost the whole time!



Russ was happy to be at the beach!

We are getting so good at taking pictures of ourselves.



This picture was taken on another beach. Do not let this fool you, it was COLD. Everyone was walking around in coats and scarves and Russ was walking around with his shirt off. He was really ready for summer :)

Along the ride home we saw the most beautiful scenery!
I saw the most beautiful rainbows in my life...

Pretty back drops..

And of course, beautiful coastal views!!






We stopped for the "Worlds best clam chowder" in a cute small town.
I had clam chowder in a bread bowl and Russ had fresh crab!


Russ drives a truck and I drive a SUV, so we rented a car to save us on gas.
Our little rental got great gas mileage! If anyone is interested in a gas saver, this Ford..Focus (I think was great on gas. Ford didnt even pay me to say that.
I do feel bad that I am in this picture, because of the whole 10 days we were gone I swear I only drove this once. Thanks Russ, you did a fine job.


That night we camped along the beach. The water wasnt too close, but close enough you could hear it break on the shore. Unfortunately we had a lot of ground to cover so we didnt get to the spot until dark.
The next day we stopped at a really cool area that had this break in the rock that the water would come crashing through. It was really windy and cold, but it was fun.
Plus there was a Tiny dog running around that hated Russ and wanted to bite his ankles, so that was entertaining.

We had heard about a really good place to eat right along the water, and thought it was be a great chance to have a last meal of fresh fish!

There were all these cute little creatures out sun bathing. I thought Id join in.



We also stopped at the Tillamock cheese factory and did some taste testing, bought a TON of beef jerky and topped it off with some Ice cream.

I was pretty stoked to be in Oregon for my first time.

We covered a lot of road that day and made it all the way to California to drive through the Redwoods just before calling it a night.





Look how small the car looks in between these huge trees!

We had such a great trip!

The next morning we woke up really early and drove all the way back to Utah.
Half way home I got a frantic call from my mom telling me my roommate had called her to let her know my basement was flooding.
THANK YOU to my family who spent their whole Memorial holiday at MY house moving out my furniture and sucking out water and removing carpet until I could get home.
I owe them so much. What a pain to come home to, and such a helpless feeling to be 10+ hrs away while your family is working on your house on a holiday. Much love Kemps.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I want to take that trip! What a BLAST! You guys have such a fun life and pretty soon it will be even more fun! YAY! So excited for you guys, yet so sad I won't be there for it. Love you!

Niesha's Thoughts.. said...

Chels!!!I love to read about your guys adventures! I love how much you guys enjoy traveling together!!! I admire you! I am so excited for you! You are amazing! love you!

Kateka said...

NOT EVEN KIDDING, my mouth totally dropped off (ha! I meant OPEN not OFF) when I saw the second pic on the post of you two being little cuddle bugs. So dang cute.

Ditto on the twilight thing. Not a huge fan. But I do love to hate it.

Hope everything worked out and that nothing was damaged from your basement flooding!

Can't wait for you two to tie the knot. You are the cutest couple ever. Seriously. Ever. Seriously.