Monday, September 27, 2010

Fore!!

I enjoying golfing. I bet it would be really fun if you were good!
My family used to golf quite a bit before everyone started having kids. Lately, the only guarantee times for me to golf is at my work and family golf tournament.
Every year my work has a golf tournament in August. I would say most people I work with aren't big golfers but the owner of the company is a big golfer. Its always a good time. One of our teammates couldnt make it last minute so there was just 3 of us on our team but we still had a great time!
Me, Ashley, & Lisa

In the tournaments they do a scramble or best ball. So you all take a shot, and whoever has the best ball you all go to that ball and hit again...
This is never good during a scramble! Both of us were in the sand trap at almost the exact same spot.

I usually like to golf bare foot, but this year I actually started wearing shoes. It hasnt helped.

Thanks girls, for making it a super fun day!


We also had our family golf tournament. Every year a tournament is put on in my grandpas name "Kel Kemp" and all proceeds go to Huntsman Cancer Institute.
Its always such a fun time. Every year my mom, sister, sister in law and I are on a team. This year, my sis in law had just had a baby and my sister couldnt find a baby sitter so my mom and I golfed with my dad and brother.
My brothers friend was diagnosed with cancer a few years back and has been struggling the last couple of year. One year he came to the tournament very sick and was watched us play. This year he was able to come join us and play!

There was a little mix up so we had a five some, but it was great fun!
I think 18 holes of golf is just WAY too long. So I brought along my fart machine and raccoon skin hat to spice things up. Real mature...I know. No one is perfect at golf, so I thought...every time someone has a bad shot, they have to wear the Raccoon hat the rest of the hole. It was hilarious. We all had a chance to wear it (shows what kind of golfers we are!)
My mom :)

Yes, I had my fair share of wearing the skin

My brother, although a very good golfer, had to take a few shots with the coon skin.

My dad was a good sport and took his turn after a not so great shot.

I especially liked Zach way of wearing the hat. He wore it so the tail could be tucked behinds his ear.

The fart machine, even though immature...was great for golf! Do you know how many times people bend over in golf!?!
Thanks team! You guys were all great sports!

Thanks also to my friends husband Dave for taking the time and money to help support the cause! We all really appreciate it!

After golfing we have a nice lunch and raffles and silent auction.
Every year there is a package with a chi, and tons of great hair product. Every year someone else gets it, but I lucked out this year! Hooray! By golly Im going to have the straightest hair in town.

My neighbors always are so generous to donate packages to the tournament to raffle off or include in the silent auction. It all helps so much to raise money for cancer research so its all VERY much appreciated by all.
Thanks also to my 2 cousins who put a lot of time and effort every year planning it.


After the tournament, we began out GIRLS weekend! We had planned to go up to Park City, but Kami wasnt able to get away so we spent one night in SLC before we headed up so she could be a part of it.
We went to Garner Village to browse the shops, and have dinner.
My mom loved this witch that had a diet coke in her hand!

I love Garner Village, especially during this time of year.

Thanks girls for a great kick off to girls weekend!

2 comments:

Janaca said...

You are just so cute. I love your posts! Love your ideas for making golf more exciting. :) To me it seems kind of dull. Jason is really getting into golf lately though so I might steal your ideas. How fun you had a whole girls WEEKEND! Hope it was a great one! Sounds like a blast.

Brittany said...

So fun Chels! And I don't even like golf. Maybe I would though if I took a fart machine and a raccoon hat with me. I say next year for the DS golf tourney, I'll come and we'll take those fun items. I bet Jeff P. would love it if you did the fart machine when he bent over for his ball.