Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bear Lake, Oh how I love you.

Russ and I went to Bear Lake...forever ago. I am really behind on my blogging but I hope to catch up soon!
We decided to drive up one weekend for a very quick trip. We both love to be in any kind of water and realized we hadnt been swimming in awhile so we drove up.
We had a nice lunch in Logan, and drove the rest of the way. I really do love Bear Lake. I have so many memories as kids going to Bear Lake a couple times a summer.
The lake was really high and we realized there wasnt a ton of beach area.
We pulled off to one area and saw an island we thought we would claim ours!

We loaded everything in the raft and I started to wade in the 6 inches of water to our Island.

Russ thought it was crazy to be pulling a boat and insisted we sit in and ROW to the island. We were basically dragging bottom and going .00010 miles an hr but he wouldnt give up. By the time I saw the two moms breeze past us with their beach gear, lunch, float tubes, life jackets, lawn chairs, etc etc I realized it was time for me to get out.

He pressed on. And made it.

Little did we know the reason our island wasnt already taken was because it was covered in Sea gull poop. Thanks you dumb birds.

But, we found another spot and took a good dip and swam around for awhile. Even if Bear Lake is unbearably cold, it was worth driving up to swim.
Russ is a whimp in the cold water so it gave me great pleasure watching him slowly wade it only to have me run, splash him to death and dive under. Feels so good.
We then went into town and had a delicious raspberry shake and hung out for a bit. It was getting later at this point and we saw an actual beach with real land, but you had to pay to get in. Everyone was leaving so we just drove in and hung out.
It was so much fun! We had our delicious chicken salad sandwhich from Costco and played soccer on the beach for hours!

It was a blast!

I think this picture is funny. Although we may look naked, we were fully clothed in beach attire.

Pretty little sunset.

The next day we did the same thing, but got there early to find the little beach that was available in the non paying section. Our little area was soon to be invaded so we hopped in the raft, and rowed out in the lake a bit. I was walking out into the lake and had stepped on the one and only huge rock in the water probably, so we loaded it up and made our own anchor!

It worked great! We threw it over board and didnt drift an inch.
Totally worth stubbing my toe for.


After spending a few hrs hanging out we drove back to SLC to meet my family up in the mountains. My parents have all of us over for dinner every other Sunday and this Sunday they decided to go for a walk to see the wild flowers in the Albion Basin.

The flowers werent at their peak that weekend, but it was still a beautiful walk!

We even ran into a mother and baby moose!

My goodness, I cant believe how big my family is getting...Love em all.

4 comments:

Kate and Wiley said...

Your naked picture cracks me up. I love seeing these pictures of you and Russ. You look so happy and he seems like a really nice guy. I mean if he attended Utah State then he's gotta be good, right?!

Shawn and Kailey Ames said...

Oh i just love bear lake too, however I have to admit that I am getting wimpy and chicken in my old age, and I didn't go swimming once when we were there in aug- it was to cold! I know lame huh? looks like you guys had fun!

Brittany said...

I love Beat Lake, espcially rasberry shakes! Yummy! Oh and I also kind of love the cold water. So refreshing!

Janaca said...

Bear Lake is the best! You guys are just too funny. I love how Russ had to paddle out to your poo infested little island!! :) Glad you found another good spot and got to enjoy some time there. Your hike with the fam looks really fun too!