Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer is going too fast!

I hate that summer is going by so fast. I love being able to be outdoors and do fun things without freezing my buns off
I am trying really hard to complete my list I made of "Things to do this summer". I figure I have until the middle of Sept. since that is when the first day of fall is (I think?).
First off, I got a new camera and I am super D duper excited about it. Now only if I knew how to use it!

I get to cross off a couple more things off the list.
First, Picnic in the Mountains.
My parents have the greatest old school camp trailer. They decided to pack it up and head to the Spruces for a couple of days. They invited the kids up for a little picnic/dinner one of the nights. It was really fun.
Cody and Kam gave me a lift up the canyon and poor little Bel got car sick or something and lost his cookies. Lets just say I am going to be the WORST mother. As soon as my brother could pull the truck over I was outta there and dry heaving like nobodies biz. (Sorry possibly too much info). Kami is such a great mom though, just jumped right into action.
Anyway, we got up to the beautiful camp site and had a little dinner by the fire.
Isnt their trailer so cute?

My mom calls this her Rachel Ray fridge :)

My handsome mountain man dad

The gals waiting for dinner to finish cooking.

I love this picture. My brother was fishing on this log when this baby moose walked right through the stream.


My mom roasting her dog. Doesnt she look beautiful here? She had been camping for 3 days here and still looked like a total rock star.

I love this picture of Bel

Babies loved the campfire.

I had a lot more pictures, but sometimes I feel like I post too many.
It was a lot of fun, and besides our hot dogs, my mom had cooked a yummy chili and corn on the cob.
It was a fun night and I was glad we were all able to go up.

I also went down to St. George this last weekend to see some friends and to see Footloose at Tuacan. I have wanted to see it for quite some time, and an Outdoor concert was on my list of things to do so I packed up and went! I unfortunately forgot my camera so as soon as my friends send some pictures my way I will add some photos.

I had such a fun time the other day. I wanted to make Homemade Jam and one of my high school friends Laura said she wanted to come make it with me. I haven't seen her since high school we decided. Too long! It was so much fun catching up with her, and hearing about her 2 little boys and what she has been up to. She is such a fun girl, and such a sweet friend and I was really happy she came and hung out for a bit and helped me. Heaven knows how it would have turned out with out her!
I made raspberry jam and it turned out so yummy. I really think I could live on Peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches for the rest of my life.
It was like a billion degrees in the house as you can see by my incredibly shiny face.

These little containers are the greatest thing.

Thanks again Laura for the fun time!
I hope everyone has a fabulous 24th holiday!


*SIDE NOTE*
This is totally random to put in this post, but I just felt inspired :P
I have been really lucky to have been able to spend as much time with my family as I have these last couple of months. This year started out really rough for me and I knew I needed to take some time and step back from the world and lay low for awhile and I have had an absolute BLAST being with my family and having so much time away from it all. It has been exactly what I needed. So thank you so much fam for being there for me, and being my huge support. I LOVE you all!

4 comments:

kollers said...

How fun Chubs! You are so adventurous doing something fun! Love it and Love you!

kollers said...

correction. . So my last comment. . I meant you are so adventurous always doing something fun! You are just a way fun person to be around! Forgot the always in there.

Stacey said...

Hey looks like your having lots of fun! It's always fun to spend time with the family!

ps. you are sooo beautiful!

Barlow Fam said...

I had a great time with you can't wait to get together again!! Keep in touch!!