Sunday, July 12, 2009

Garage Sale

I'm pretty sure I have a new Saturday morning hobby- Garage Sales!
I have never really had any huge desire to drive around early on a Saturday morning rummaging through someones stuff they don't even want. But for some reason when I was making my summer list of things to do I wanted to give it a go. My friend Lauren wanted to come and I am so glad she did. We had a blast. I didn't take very many pictures though.
We were both beginners at this and didn't know exactly what the best way was, but I got online first thing in the morning and looked to see if families posted their addresses online so we would have some kind of plan. But after doing that, I think its best not to have a plan. I think its best to think of an area, and then just follow wherever the signs take you!
At the very first sale we found, Lauren found this lovely pewter dish/plate for $5!

I found this magnet board for $1. I am going to paint it another color, I just don't know what yet. The little shiny things are stickers that came right off. The little red stand I found at the another sale we hit a little further South. I got the stand for $2! (Its a lot cuter in person, it has a really cute design on the top).

We didn't have a ton of time because I am part of a Breakfast Club and I had to meet for breakfast at 10AM. I had found a supposedly "Huge Multi-Family Garage Sale" and wrote down the address. Sadly we spent a lot of time driving past a lot of sales looking for this one we never found. After giving up, we did stop at one where I found this...

Lauren came with me to Breakfast Club and this week we met a fun little Cafe called Hagermann's Bakehouse Cafe. I had only been there for lunch, but they had really good breakfast as well. I would recommend it. They have an amazing Jalapeno jelly you can put on your sandwiches. If you are in the Salt Lake Valley & want it try it, here is their website Hagermanns
We had so much fun, and want to do so many things different that we are going to go again in another couple weeks! Thanks for a fun morning Laurs!

7 comments:

Annie said...

You found some good stuff!! I love garage sales! They are the best. We need to go garage saling down by me, there are so many every weekend!

kollers said...

Oh you two cutie putooties! I love it! And look at your darling bargains you found. You guys are awesome. I need to join ya sometime- I've actually never been to a yard/garage sale, but I would love to find some good deals. I love your magnet board!

Janaca said...

Nice work! I'm jealous of your magnet board you got for $1! That's so cool and I've been wanting one. I've never been a garage sale person, but now I'm tempted to try too. :)

Momma Fish said...

FUN!! I used to go with Grandpa and I loved finding little treasures.

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Hey Chelts, Thanks for the fun morning...I can't wait to go again!! : )

DeAnna said...

O.K. Chels, I love to go garage salin'. It is sofun, I go every Saturday and I always buy stuff for my little grand babies and they love it cuz they know Grammy spoils them with fun stuff almost evry week. I also look for crafts such as scrapbook, stamps and material for sewing. So I go for myself as well. I'm so excited for every week to come so I can find new treasures. Happy garage salin' my friend I love you !

MEGandJEFF said...

I'm supremely impressed, Chels...lots of really cute stuff! Woohoo :)