Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grand Cayman!

The first day on the cruise was a day at sea. We mostly ate, sat in the hot tub, read and RELAXED...best part.
The first night was a formal night so that was kind of fun to dress up.
Some people went all out in a tux and the works.
Dont they look nice?

Doesnt our food look delicious? My first time having lobster.

One thing I dont love about being on a cruise is not having enough time to really see where you are, and get a real feel for culture and people. Since we only had limited time we did the typical organized tourist activities and they were great!
Off the ship in Grand Cayman

We did a sting ray/dolphin tour. I love dolphins, when I was young I used to want to be a dolphin trainer. How the heck I ended up in my boring job is beyond me.
Unfortunately, they didnt let us take ANY photos while with them, except you could purchase theirs for $7 a photo. Nah, the memory is good.
However, we did get this AWFUL pic of me and some dude. While we were getting the run down of the dolphins we all had to sit together in our swimming suite. This guy, sitting next to me my dad would put it "swallowed a watermelon".

I kind of feel bad for taking this behind his back, but at least we didnt show his face right?
In all fairness thats how I felt after the cruise.
From the dolphins we hopped on a fun little boat and took a ride over the beautiful waters to find the sting rays!



I'll be honest, when you are getting off a boat into the ocean of sting rays, you cant help but think of the Crocodile Hunter being killed by one.

My mom and dad hopped right into the action. I was SO proud of them.

My mom was one of the first to offer a kiss...

Russ obviously liked the rays

Isnt that water amazing?

I think I have said this in another post, but I LOVE snorkel face. Dad, your pretty much a 10.

Russ has a really great underwater digital camera. I became more comfortable with them and took a little swim. Gosh I love being underwater.

The red speedo you might remember from Thailand made an appearance...with the sting rays...and my parents. Ive cropped this photo just in case you werent in for a PG13 post.


One of my favorite moments of this day was when Russ and I were in the water and a sting ray decided to swim up and try and suck on my belly button. This is a very scary thing, and I may made a sound that has never come out of me before, quite...low. Without skipping a beat Russ says, "And thats my boyfriend everybody".
Such a great day in Cayman, I wish I could have seen more of it!

4 comments:

Kateka said...

That looks so amazing! I love the picture of you underwater swimming towards the stingray. It's beautiful! I can't believe the stringray were so friendly, and not trying to pierce you in the heart (ala Crocidile dude).

Annie said...

Love the "PG-13" picture! So funny! I love Grand Cayman...
I can't stop laughing at your cute dad and his snorkel gear and swallowing the watermelon. I can totally hear him saying that! :)

Shelli said...

Chels- This looks like so much fun and SO beautiful! Russ seems like a really funny guy and you two are so darn cute together!
If this job doesn't work out, I definitely think you could have a job in dolphin training, or maybe speedo selling. ;) I'm glad you had fun. By the way, I agree with the time thing on cruises... there's never enough time to enjoy the culture and people.

Jadie said...

Chels,
I love this post! The picture of your Parent's on formal night is my Favorite! 2nd, Mama Kath kissing the Croc Hunter Killer and 3rd, Snork Face! Gotta Love Daddy Bus...
I can't wait for the next post!
Love,
Jay DEEEEEE!