Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cruise-Ft. Lauderdale

Since it took me a whole month to finish my last post I think I will break my trip up again so it doesn't take me a year.
I got back from a Caribbean cruise Thanksgiving week. It was so great.
Back in February while I was in Thailand I won a trip through my work, so we finally got to go! Since I took a lot of time to visit Asia the beginning of the year I decided to give my boss a break, even though it was a trip from my work, and planned the trip at the end of the year.
I took my parents and Russ and we had a great time.
I have some friends that live in Ft Lauderdale so we decided to go out a couple days earlier to visit them for a bit. They had a chance to go to London at the same time, and we had already bought our tickets so they said we could still stay at their house and explore the city.
Planning a trip around a bf that is a huge hunter and a dad that is a crazy dedicated U of U fan, we finally found a week to go!

As you can see by my moms suitcase she was confused and thought we were moving to FL.
We got to Ft Lauderdale around midnight so just went straight to bed.
The next day we got up and went into town for a delicious breakfast and walked around town.



There was a Ute game on that day(an away game) so of course we had to drop my dad off so he could watch his Utes lose a terrible game. Sorry dad.
While he was watching the game Russ, my mom and I went to the beach!
It was a tich chilly, but so nice to be by the ocean!

We went back and retrieved my old man and went out on the water taxi. Ft Lauderdale is absolutely amazing. I could not believe the size of homes on the river ways. Insane! There were beautiful HUGE yachts parked outside of these multi million dollar vacation homes.



We went around on the taxi around town and stopped at one of my favorite restaurants ever, Bubba Gumps! I am going to try and hit up all the Bubba Gump locations in the world I decided this trip. Love the food, Love the movie.





I love this picture not only because its funny, but because of what happened when this picture was taken.
This shark was right outside a busy outdoor restaurant. Russ got his picture taken with his head inside the shark but I told him to do another picture because it didnt turn out (even though it did). He stuck his head back in the shark and was moving his legs all around like he was struggling so I told him to wait for the flash. But really I grabbed my parents and we ran and hid, while he was "struggling" with his head in this shark all alone with no one around. I was laughing so hard when he finally pulled his head out when he didnt see a flash and we were no where to be seen. Good sport Russ...

The water taxi went until midnight and we were on the very last taxi and still missed half of the route. Next time!
The next morning we went to a really good crepe place for breakfast and drove to Miami to catch our boat!
My parents and I had both been on a cruise before, but Russ hadnt. He was very excited, mostly about the all you can eat food.

Russ was on the water slide before the boat even started its engines. He was going to take advantage of every minute he could.
He was going so fast I only caught his arm.



The first day is always exciting with all the food, and places to explore. Im pretty sure Russ didnt stop eating that first day, except to go down the water slide.
I love this picture. This picture was taken after we had just eaten a HUGE nice meal in the dining room, and went on the back of the deck to find a hot dog bar.
I think the look on my face, and my dads says it all. I wanted to throw up just watching him eat it.

How that boy stays so skinny and fit is beyond me.

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip. Russ and Cory would get along great on a cruise, Cory loves to eat and we would got get midnight snacks every night, hot chocolate, fries hotdogs , cookies, he is all about eating on the ship.

Brittany said...

Oh man, I am so so sad we weren't here while you guys were. I'm glad you had a good time in Ft. Lauderdale! I can't wait to see the rest of the trip!

Kateka said...

Oh, the sun! The BEACH! Ah... I am 100% envious. ;) I am glad you had a great time. You deserve it!

Shelese said...

How fun :)