Monday, August 24, 2009

Homemade Ice cream

About a month ago I made some homemade ice cream! It was my first time ever, so there are some things I could definitely improve on the next go around.
I looked everywhere for a good ice cream maker. I couldn't find a good size for a good price. I looked on KSL, I looked at Walmart, then my friend said she got a huge one at DI for $5. I hit up every DI in this valley and couldn't find one. (PS. I now have a huge love for the DI. I find all these things I feel I could make into a fun project) Anyway, my sweet sister brought hers out since I couldn't find one.
So the process began.



I don't know what it was about making the ice cream, but I was really excited. Some of the fam came over, and I really started to get sad that Summer is almost over. I have had some great times RELAXING this summer. Its been a summer I have never quite experienced, but I enjoyed it. It was good for me. My parents have a very peaceful backyard and my family has spent many hours chillaxin.
I love that my nieces and nephews love my dog so much. It is so fun to me. And since everyone in the fam has a spouse and kids, Ecko is kinda my second half. Haha, as lame as that sounds. But, the kiddos love her.

She has such a love for life. A great example to all of us.

Gus Man

My mom and Millie

The toppings
Butterfinger, Oreo, Peaches, Raspberries, Cookie Dough Bites, and Grahm Crackers


I was so patient. I let the ice cream maker do its thing, even longer then it told me to, and it still turned out like soup! I was kinda bummed. Oh well, everyone humored me and slurped their ice cream soup.
Mei Mei proudly showing her choice in toppings.

After we all had some ice cream soup I was cleaning up and put the left overs in the freezer. My dad later in the evening decided he wanted seconds. When I pulled it out, it was the perfect consistency. I wish I would have thought of that sooner.
Cute K Bell kissing Millie good night.

Even if it didnt turn out how I expected, I am still happy I attempted and get to cross it off the list! Next time is going to be awesome. Look out Cold Stone.

********************************************

My friend Lindsay and I went to the Farmers Market down town on Tuesday night. I enjoyed it. I did think it would be a lot bigger, but the taste testing was great.
I bought a loaf of cinnaburst bread, a basket of white nectarines, and some jalapeno jelly. I got a couple pictures but I looked like I was 400 lbs so they will not be posted.
Then this last weekend my brother and his family invited me up to the Park Silly Sunday Market (I think that's what the sign said). It was so great. I loved it. If you haven't been up there, I would totally suggest it. It was raining when we first got there, so I didn't take my camera in for the market, so again no pictures. But the booths were great, the food was good, the music was fun...just over all a great time. Thanks for the invite guys. I didn't buy anything, but there were a ton of things I wanted. There was a lady that would buy old vintage skirts, and sew little designs on them. If my legs were 2 inches longer, one of those skirts would have been mine! But, those old vintage style skirts that sit right below your boobs just don't look good on my body type. Oh, but they were so cute. I must have walked past her booth 10 times. After those 2 Farmers Market experiences, I will definitely go back. With lots of cash.

4 comments:

tsuds said...

How's the Jale Jelly? U want to make me ice cream?

MEGandJEFF said...

Fun schtuff, Chels! I love homemade icecream 'soup'..seriously..I like my icecream melty, so yours would've been perfect!

I love Farmers Markets! Salt Lakes is much better on Saturday..but you probably already know that :)

Jadie said...

WoW that icecream looked so yummy!
I think we should call you Chelstone!!! Call me next time!

Love ya

Angie said...

Funny how you just posted about homemade icecream! So did I! I found this recipe that calls for a pudding mix and it is by far the best recipe for homemade icecream I have found so far! Just go to our blog to get the recipe. You should try it and tell me what you think!