Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why Me?

My whole entire life I have been deathly scared of spiders.
I remember when I was in elementary they asked us what we would do if we had a million dollars (Back then a million bucks went a long way!). Most of the kids said they would go to Disney Land, buy nice cars etc. Nope, I said I would hire someone to kill all of the spiders in the world. Haha.
Living in Hawaii for awhile, I had to learn to shake everything out, and double check everything or else there would be a spider the size of my head sneaking out somewhere. I hate Kane Spiders...I used to have nightmares about them, and still sometimes do.
Well I think because I have this fear I literally attract them to me. I am not joking. I remember seeing one scene in the Arachnophobia movie where there is a spider in the shower. So, I always check the shower up and down before showering because of that movie, and I shake out my towel before drying off. Today was no different. I searched the shower high and low before stepping in. I was shaving my legs and had just gotten done lathering up my knee. I turned to set the soap down and grab the razor and boom! There was a spider on my knee!! How did this happen? I was just lathering up and didnt see a thing! I had already checked the shower, and my leg was perched up on the window seal. I about died. I was squealing and trying to get out of the shower, I knocked all of the bottles off the seal, and got soap in my eyes. :( I hate em.
About a week ago I was about ready to crawl into bed and there was one in my sheets.
I just want to cry thinking about it.
Thanks to my wonderful loved ones (including my 4 year old niece) I dont have to kill them myself. Do you think If I pretend to love them they wont bother me anymore?

5 comments:

Amy Dayton said...

I don't mind the spiders so much...now that I live in Arizona with the crickets, scorpions and cockroaches. I had 2 huge roaches in the shower with me on my first visit to Arizona, which ended with me running out in my towel in front of Dano's soccer team friends yelling for him to come save me. I always had a basement room in Utah so spiders were my regular visitors.

Janaca said...

How scary! I don't like spiders much either but I can tolerate them I suppose. I'm sorry that they seem to be attracted to you since you're so scared of them! Hopefully you won't have any another close encouters like the ones you mentioned for a long time!

AP said...

I hate spiders, too! I really missed you last night--call me :)

Annie said...

Too funny! Tell Kaysie to add me on her blog, would ya? She made a comment on mine, but I can't get into hers. The email I use is anniepamperedchef@gmail.com. Thanks!

Whitney said...

Chelsea, I just have to leave a comment on this one. You might not even remember me from high school, but I sometimes look at your blog from Kateka's. Arachnophiobia killed me for spiders too, and I've always been afraid that they will come pouring out of my plumbing one day... and it's happened before. I turned the water on for my shower, and out comes this GIANT, black, fuzzy spider with the water - rushing at me. So I jump out of the shower, screaming bloody murder and run down the hall to the front room to get as far away as possible... oh did I mention, that I'm totally naked? So my husband is looking at me like I'm crazy, because he didn't hear me scream in the bathroom and I have to try to explain to him what the problem is so that he can "take care of it" for me, while I'm still jumping around thinking that the spider is on me. Needless to say, I am extremely paranoid anytime I'm in the bathroom now.