Monday, December 15, 2008

Chelsenezer Scrooge

One of my very favorite things to do this time of year is to go out and find fun gifts, and come home and sit by the fire, pop in a Christmas movie and wrap all my goodies.
For some reason, I am being such a Scrooge when it comes to shopping this year. I literally have not bought one single thing this year for Christmas. I dont know what to get anyone, and I kind of hate just buying something to buy. I want to buy something thoughtful, and something that people will enjoy. I am having no such luck.
So, since today is the 15th and I dont have one thing, I thought I would blog about my bad attitude so that I might turn things around and start being productive and enjoy!
I am just not a fan of the crowds. So...with all my complaining out of the way, wish me luck!


I dont want to leave this on a complete downer mood. I am totally enjoying my Sarah McLachlan Christmas CD! Love every word of it.

9 comments:

Kaysie said...

Good Luck! Buy me somethin good! :)

Barlow Fam said...

Good luck getting all the shopping done! It is hard for me too, especially when I don't know what to buy! You will figure something out!

Tashina said...

I am with you... This year has been tough to get in the right mood. Maybe the snow will help? Good luck!

Kateka said...

I'm right there with you on this one. I HATE HATE HATE crowds. So much that I would rather buy nothing for anyone. Thank heavens for online shopping (it truly saved Christmas for us this year).

Janaca said...

It's hard to find the right gifts for people! I always wait until the last minute too. I should learn my lesson and start months ahead thinking of gifts but it never happens! Good luck.

Momma Fish said...

one word.... internet.

kollers said...

Geez Grinch. He he. Chels sometimes we are so much alike its scary. I'm going through the same purchasing dilemma's. Maybe we should go shopping together. I just love ya! And you always do have great music! I can always count on you for that, proven by the many times I rode from Logan with you. Your darling and very thoughtful.

AP said...

There's nothing worse than wandering around a store without a clue what you want. Especially when there are so many cranky people everywhere! Can't wait to see you Saturday--we'll have lots of fun and get into the Christmas spirit! :)

Melissa said...

I'm with ya!! I have been a little Grinchy myself this year. I have had the hardest time getting it all done... Still not done. I have a few things left to get so hopefully I'll makie it! Hope your shopping goes better than mine.