Tuesday, July 19, 2011

OH Canada!

Russ and I woke up really early the next morning and drove a couple hours to a ferry to take us over to Vancouver Island, Canada.
It was such a beautiful boat ride! That area is gorgeous. It was a bit chilly, but we stayed out on the deck and watched all the green islands go by, and hoped to see wild life (whales).

We made a short stop at San Juan Island.

Once we got on the island we drove around, found a place to stay and went to visit the famous Butchart Gargens.

It was amazing! We were told we went at a perfect time. Supposidly, the flowers were in the fullest bloom.



I had never seen so many bright, beautiful tullips.
They were huge gardens. Each area was from different parts of the world like Japaenese gardens, Italian..


This is one of my favorite pictures of this guy.

After we walked through the gardens, we stopped for Gelato and sat on the stairs to take in all the gardens while we ate it.


That night, stayed at a really pretty castle like place.
Surprisingly, it was inexpensive, and beautiful!


We went for a run that night around town. It was SO great. I LOVED it. For one, that night Canada had just advanced in hockey and everyone was going nuts! There had a been a big game that night that they won and everyone was stoked! As we were running, everyone was driving by honking their horns, and hanging out of their cars, and people on the streets were screaming at us in happiness asking if we watched the game. It was fun. After our run we stretched on the grounds of this pretty place...




Always having a good time :)


The next morning, we woke up and walked through the pretty gardens of our hotel and walked the streets of Victoria.


Victoria is such a pretty place. Lots of great buildings, fun little shops and restaurants right on the water, I loved it.







Later that day, it started to rain a a bit.
We took cover for lunch in China Town!

Victoria has a cute little fishermans Warf we spent the rainy afternoon at.


I would love this little warf house...so small, and oh so cute.

Evening in Victoria..


The next morning, we woke up early and went WHALE WATCHING!



It was so neat being out in the middle of the ocean and seeing these massive whales swim near you.

And the best part, I didnt even get sea sick...just a bit cold!

After the amazing whale watching, we had a quick bite of "Poutine" which was supposidly a real Canadian treat of fries with gravy and cheese curds.
It was actually really good!

Right before we were headed to jump on the Ferry back to US of A, I got to feed a wild little creature watching us eat our fries. He was SO SO cute!





Back on the ferry and back to the US!

5 comments:

Kateka said...

Okay, that's it. When I grow up I want to be you. You do so many fun things!

kollers said...

dang girl! You guys are so fun and adventurous!!!! I just love it! Now I'm really itching to go somewhere. . ok anywhere. What a fun post, I always love checking your blog cause you've always been up to something! Glad you had fun!!!!

Kate and Wiley said...

Those gardens are just beautiful. You two are so cute together! Oh and whale watching-- that would be so neat to experience!

By the way-- Bentley is friends with your teammates? Can you imagine if he showed up to fill in one day? Haha. He is such a jerk but definitely made the bachelorette hilarious!

Brittany said...

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go to Canada! I also want to be wearing a winter coat. Right now I'm sitting in my Florida home in my unmentionables because it's too blasted hot to put anything else on.
P.S. Loved seeing you guys last week! I really miss you!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Fun! I'm glad you had such a great time! We actually went to Seattle and Victoria last month...random huh?? Kels and I even tried some jumping pics at the same place yours were taken haha...but ours did not turn out very well (yours were awesome!!)