Monday, May 9, 2011

Golden Egg Drama

I have the greatest memories at Easter time growing up. My grandparents used to have a tree farm and we would go every year on Easter and have a hunt, sit around the camp fire, and play in cabin that was on the farm.
Every year all the cousins would line up oldest to youngest for a picture before the Easter egg hunt began.
Now everyone is all grown up..well most everyone..so my parents have started their own yet similar traditions.
We sat around the fire, watched the kids fly their new kites and of course, an Easter egg hunt, which was the highlight of my Easter this yr.
My mom and Stud out by the fire pit.

These 2 crazy girls wore the same sweater and didnt even know it!

My sister made this super cute spring craft out of a branch and tissue paper. So cute right?

You cant have an Easter party without yummy treats.
My sister also made these cute Easter cookies with all the kids initials.

I made the traditional Easter nest dessert. My aunt Katy used to make these when we were little. I remember grabbing an Easter nest and running in the cabin with my cousins to eat it in the loft.

Ecko even sported her Eastery flowery bandana for the occasion.



My cute mom with the giggles

Then came the Easter Egg hunt...

The kids were finding eggs, they were happy with what was in their eggs..

They were loving each other and the older ones were sharing with the younger ones that didnt get as many eggs..

And then BOOM! The mention of the Golden Egg.
The kids were searching high and low, in and out, up and down until finally, Mei found the golden egg.

It doesnt stop there folks. That is when all hell broke loose.
Kel was screaming...

Oaks couldnt even breath

Faces were covered to block the teary shame

Tantrums were thrown

and then flipped over and thrown some more

Until my brother had the idea of giving Mei the money, and hiding the Golden egg for the very devastated Kel and Oaks.
The egg was hidden, the two searched liked crazy all over in hopes finding it.
Oakley finally found it! And it begins again...
Kel is crying, and then they take it away from her so Kel could find it and now Oaks is screaming her head off because it was taken away from her.
So they hide it again. Oakley calms down, Kel finds it! Opens it, and starts crying "Theres nuffing in it!"
Moral of the story...I dont think next years Easter egg hunt will have a Golden egg.
If you ever read the Hunger games...its kind of how I compared our Easter Egg hunt, every child for themselves. But they were just fine 5 min later and I wanted an Encore! It was fantastic!

Later, Russ and I colored eggs. I love coloring Easter eggs! This year, I do believe our creativity says it all.
Front row, mine, back row Russ.

Russ killed it for sure. Russ likes my hair best when I wear it in the side braid, so please note the pink egg in front with the pink side braid. That was his favorite of mine.
I especially like the ones of his in the back with the head band, and then of course, the one with the beard!

I dare say we are capable of taking a better picture, but its the only one of the 2 of us.

Hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Kami said...

I am dying!! I would love to see that all unfold one more time for the golden egg!

Love your eggs..

Janaca said...

Looks like a great Easter! Those pictures of the tantrums are priceless! I could totally see that happening with my kids and their cousins. :) LOVE your eggs. So awesome!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Oh my goodness...professionals at dying eggs!! I loved the eggs...and those pictures of your nieces and nephews were priceless!! I'm sooo glad I ran into you at the Race for the Cure. We will have to get together soon!

Tyanna said...

I LOVE all your family traditions. I seriously want you to write them all down for me, so I can have some good ideas and do some fun things with my kids. I also want to know how you make those adorable little birds nests. Maybe next year there can be a golden egg for each kiddo with $1.00 in...loved the tantrum shots...I could see Sennah throwing a tantrum just like that ( :

Kate and Wiley said...

That is hilarious! That Golden Egg story made me laugh my guts out. I am so glad you took pictures of their faces. I had to show my husband because those kinds of things make us laugh so hard!