Thursday, October 7, 2010

Summa time

I am so sad summer is over. I love summer with my whole heart, I really do.
There were a few little things I did over the summer that I didnt blog about but want to touch on, for my own memories sake.
My cousin Kelly and his wife were in town for a couple months and they own a very nice boat. They invited us out on the water a couple times.

I love to go boating. Even if I didnt do a dang thing but sit on the boat and be the flag girl I would be completely happy. This time out with my cousin we surfed behind the boat. SO much fun!
My 24th of July this year was perfect.
We went out on the boat first thing in the morning, then went to lunch with my good friends Tiff and Mitch, and then ended the day at the Real SL game with a concert and fireworks.

*******

One day this summer it was SO hot. I felt really bad for Ecko because she is dark and has a ton of fur. We decided to head up for a quick swim at East Canyon reservoir to cool everyone off.
It was so relaxing and fun. We brought some hummus and crackers and ate on the beach, and then went for a swim. While we were out in the water a cute but naughty little dog came and ate all of our hummus. But he and Ecko became friends so it all worked out.

Russ taught us how to skip rocks.


********

My work had a fun outing at the baseball field one night in the summer. My sis in law had just had her baby so their other kids tagged along with us for the night.
They are such good kids.

My boss's daughter got clocked in the head with a fowl ball, yikes.
Bel & Mei wanted to ride the little yellow train that goes around the baseball park so bad. After we watched a little of the game we decided to head over so they could ride the train. They werent taking any new riders, and was shutting it down for the night but we were lucky enough to squeeze on their last ride.

********

Em came in town for a short little trip and I went to my first 3D movie!
I think the glasses rock. Who knew that they were normal looking?

All I know is I got super motion sick, and didnt know if I thought it was worth the price, but Im so glad we got to go after we enjoyed a delicious banana nut crunch french toast breakfast. Miss you Em!

********

My brother and his family went down to St. George one weekend and invited me to tag along! My sis in laws parents have a super cute home we were all able to stay at. Mei wanted to ride with me in my car and we had a great time!

We danced to Miley Cyrus, she watched a movie, and asked me about a hundred times, "Bubba? Are we getting closer yet?" I thought it was adorable. I thought that only happened in the movies.
The weekend was exactly what I needed. We mostly hung out at the pool the whole time. Mei learned how to swim without her floaties. I was pretty proud of her.
I cant believe I only got 2 pictures of the whole weekend!


*********
My parents shared their 35th Anniversary this summer.

I love you both! Congratulations! You give me a lot of hope and inspiration.

*********

My friends from high school still get together often. We try for once a month but cant always make it.
We had such a nice dinner out on the patio. Its always fun to catch up and talk girl talk :)


Summer was really good to me. In fact, all of 2010 has been good to me. Im sad to see it almost over. But like I said before, I feel like I have properly mourned summer so Im ready for fall. So much to enjoy about the fall season!

2 comments:

Janaca said...

Nice wrap up of summer! I love it too and am sad it's gone. I love the story about your niece on the
St. George trip. Made me laugh cuz Jordan does that ALL the time when we're going somewhere! Your parents are so cute. Happy Anniversary to them, and what a fun place that is where they got to celebrate! That's cool you still keep in touch with your high school friends. Girls nights are great!

Brittany said...

So much fun Chels! Wish I was there to start celebrating fall with you!