Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March Madness!

Nope, I am not talking about the NCAA. But since I mentioned it, I am proud to say that I finished in 30th place out of 50. Last time I was second to last place so Im movin up! My dad even told me to cheer for BYU which is huge for my dad! Janaca... I thought you would be happy about that.
I decided to have a little break in the Thailand posting to post some things that I have done since I have been back!
I have wanted to go to Color Me Mine FOREVER. So, my friend and I made it happen. I love a good coupon and there was one in the trusty Happenings book, so there you have it. If you havent been, it really is super fun. I think it would be a fun activity for kids. The only bad part is you dont get to take your craft home that day, they glaze it and you come back.
Anyway, Russ and I decided to decorate each others bowls as a secret.
I had no idea how talented he was.
He hand drew me some bamboo branches with a sweet palm leaf in the middle.

Russ is a big hunter and I am a big animal lover. So I painted him a bright orange bowl with a deer on the front that said "Run for your life!" with a camoflauge inside. I have never drawn Camo before so if its a little off...thats why.

A mighty talented group if I do say so myself.
Me with my friend Brin

The finished product:
The sweet bamboo bowl Russ made


The Anti hunting bowl I made



Also in March I had a couple fun sleepovers!
I promised my niece Kinley that she could come sleepover at my house with me and Ecko and have her own room! I put my spare bedroom together with one of my old bedspreads and a few things and we were set!
I told her she could go anywhere she wanted for dinner and she chose Taco Time :)
So we went to Taco time and then headed to the store to get some treats for our night!
We came home and got in our Pjs! I was pretty stoked to put mine on, they were my grandmas! Is that weird that Im blogging about my grandmas Pjs? Maybe a little.
We love being silly!


We painted toenails and fingernails

Then made this hut so she could read her books to me

Do you think she loves Ecko?


We watched a movie and she then retired to her own room! I was so proud of her, I didnt know if she would be to scared but she loved it!


I also had a sleepover with some of my old high school friends. We thought it was hilarious since almost all of them were married and some with kids. But its good to get away for an occasional girls night!
We had a mini spa in my basement (It looked a lot cooler with the lights out, because we had it decked out in candles)

We chatted the night away and had yummy treats. I love you girls!

Easter was a low key one this year. My dad had been sick in the hospital so we post poned until this coming Sunday. PS- my dad is doing much better. Had a small surgery and is recovering back home.
So I made him some Easter cookies. If you remember my post around Valentines you will remember sugar cookies are NOT my forte. But I just didnt want to give it up yet.

My dad just learned to text and anyone that knows my dad this is HUGE. He is so old school so we couldnt be more proud of him. He ends all text with "Love Dad". Even if you are having a conversation with him over text he ends each one the same.
So I texted him the next day asking him how the cookies were and his response:
"The purple ones rock love dad" haha. I love that guy so much.
So after I dropped off the cookies I was "dying" to color eggs. Oh, corny joke, I appologize.
I like the good old fashion solid colored eggs, but Russ sure took some simple dye into his own hands and made quite the little collection.

He made the coolest Easter egg Ive ever seen using the primary colors. He transformed a white egg into the coolest looking beach ball.
Our favs

Mine are the boring solid colors on the right. Hey I tried to change it up on the blue one at least!

Another personal favorite

I hope everyone had a really great Easter!
So sorry if your eyes are strained now because of my incredibly bright background. Wow.

9 comments:

Shelese said...

I love how little kids choose simple things for dinner when they can have anything they want. We had my niece and nephew stay with us, and I told them they could go ANYWHERE they wanted. They decided to stay home and make pancakes. It was so funny. I love the pottery too :)

Janaca said...

Yay! I am very impressed with your dad and you for cheering on BYU...too bad it didn't last. Those bowls are quite amazing! You guys have lots of artistic talent. Mine would've looked awful I already know since I am not artistic in any way! What a fun aunt you are! That sleepover looks like it was so fun, I love the pj's and the hut. Your dad texting huh?! That's so funny. Sorry to hear he's been in the hospital. Hope he's doing lots better! Your eggs look great too!

The super Carpenter said...

You are such a good AUNT! I love that you painted nails and made a hut to read in!

Kami said...

McKinley says THANK YOU so much for the fun sleepover! She has the best auntie EVER!

Love,

The Kemps

Annie said...

Looks like the sleepover was fun! So bummed I missed it....
I think your camo bowl looks pretty awesome! The deer looks good too! So... when are we going to hang out so I can meet Russ?

Kateka said...

Holy crap, Russ is artsy. I am totally jealous of his mad skill.

Kateka said...

Oh I forgot...

Love you - Kateka

(I am copying your dad, I think that is so cute).

Stacey said...

Im glad to hear that your dad is doing good! That's so sweet of you to have your niece sleep over, you are a good aunt! good job on your eggs, and your cookies look delicious to me! :)

HUGHES FAMILY said...

I hope your Dad is doing better. i LOVE your easter eggs. I made Dust and my family dye some with me, but mine didn't turn out as cool...