Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Couple Three

I LOVE my parents. They are as great as they come. I hesitate to do a post on them because I know no matter what I say it wont do them justice.
Anyone who knows my parents know they are the kindess, most giving, funnest people around.
Recently, over Easter and the week before I really have been thinking a lot about them, and how much they do for all of us. When my dad was in the hospital and we hadnt gotten the test results back and didnt know what was going on with him, it the worst worst feeling in the world. I couldnt imagine my life without them.
I wanted to share a few things I love about my parents.
My awesome Dad:

My dad is a ton of fun and is known for all the funny things he says.
He calls Hootie and The Blowfish "Gerald & the Goldfish" and Sheryl Crow "Carol Snow"
I cant decide if its part of his bad hearing, or if he is just being funny, either way I think its great.
He LOVES cookies with all his heart and after Sunday dinners he will always say "I think Ill have a couple three cookies" Everything is a couple three.
My dad is a killer cook. Especially on the BBQ or in the dutch oven. He will cook for us in any kind of weather!

His famous Swedish Thins. We will eat those until we are sick. He will always say "Chub, how about one more?" And you say no. And then before you know it there is another sweddish thin on your plate.

He really likes Elton John so for Fathers Day one year we got him tickets as a gift. The tickets hadnt come yet so we got him some "clues"

I love that when he still sees my mom he says "Hi honey" and still holds her hand after 35 yrs.

He is a really smart man and always was able to help me with my school work and push me to be the best student I could be.
I love how excited he gets about horse races, and recently I like to go over to their house and watch Dancing With The Stars With him.
He will read the newspaper front to back daily.

He is one of the handiest man I know, and would help me around my house anytime I need him.
These are just a few things about him that I love. I could go on forever.
We have similar personalities, so I love it when we both are the only ones that thinks somethings funny, but may be inappropriate to laugh. I know I can count on looking at my dad and he will be holding in a laugh as hard as I am.
Love ya pops!

My sweet Mom:

She is such a nurturer and giving person.
She is known for all of her hard work and time she puts in to volunteering for others. Anywhere anyone needs help, she is the first to sign up.
For years she has put long hrs of her time volunteering on the Race For The Cure to make it a memorable experience for the survivors.
Speaking of, the Race For The Cure is coming up! Come join us! If you havent done it before, its a must! Click here for more details.
She is the kind of person that everyone loves. Growing up, all of our friends adored my mom. I remember one time I had some friends over and we were all out on the deck and out comes my mom with drinks. And a little bit later out she came with treats! She does anything she can to make our friends feel at home. Recently, on Easter I invited a friend of mine over who was lactose intolerant and my mom was serving enchillads. Without ever even meeting this friend of mine, my mom made her her own pan of enchillads without dairy.
She is a blast to hang out with

And I like I said...would do anything for anyone. Like give the hood off her head in a rain storm ;)

Besides being a sweetheart I think she is beautiful.
Last year my parents went up in the mountains and camped for a week. My siblings and I went up for dinner one night to visit them and I got this picture of my mom

I love this picture because she just looks so natural and beautiful and she had been camping for a week!
Love ya mom!

I really dont know what I would have done without my parents especually the last few years. They have been so great to me and my whole family.
Bottom line...they are wonderful!


We celebrated Easter a bit late this year. I am the only one without kids. This year my parents go Ecko her very own Easter basket! I thought it was very very sweet!

The Easter line up!

The kidlets

I could go on and on about my parents, but I thought Id just share a couple three things. If you havent met them, your missing out, they are a hoot!

7 comments:

Kami said...

All i can say is "DITTO"! Great post BUB...

Kaysie said...

I agree, they are the BEST!!!

kollers said...

What a sweet post Chubs! Your parents are absolutely amazing people!! They always crack me up and are so kind to anyone who comes over. I think it trickled down to your whole family. You guys are all so awesome!

Janaca said...

That is the sweetest post! I think it's awesome that you have such great relationships with both your mom and dad. I wish I knew them better, but what I do know they are great!

*~Sarah~* said...

I love how close you are with your family.. I hope I get to meet them one day :)

Kateka said...

You're parents are so cute!!

I am impressed that your dad reads the full newspaper every day. I bet he is one smartie.

Annie said...

I love your parents! They are the best! Good post!