Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another Utah 1st Down!!


My dad took me this Saturday for a daddy-daughter date. I had a blast. My dad is a HUGE U Of U fan. I love it. He has been for as long as I can remember. Even when I was younger and dating if one of my dates showed up in blue it was like..."Your not a BYU fan are ya?"
Well he and my mom have season tickets, and my dad asked me if I wanted to join him to the opening night of this season. It was fun. There were tons of people all decked out in Utah gear. I didnt have any Ute stuff since I went to Utah State so I had to run and grab some stuff so I would fit in.

Here we are getting ready to head out on our date.

My dad is a blast to hang out with. He is super funny, and we have a lot in common, so we generally laugh at the same things, such as silly fans making a huge deal out of a call.
He spoiled me rotten with yummy stadium food, and of course kettle corn. Holy cow that stuff is addicting.
He even packed a little bag with treats and a blanket in case I got cold.
He has always been so much and has taken me out for daddy daughter dates since I was little. I remember when I got my first journal and was old enough to write it in, my frist entry was when my dad took me to a Utah Jazz game! What fun memories. I feel so lucky to have such an awesome, hard working, fun dad.
After they totally kicked butt and had their first win they had a firework show after. I love fireworks. And just when I thought summer had come to an end that gave me a little boost. What a fun time.
Go Utes!!

12 comments:

Janaca said...

How cute! That is so fun you still go on daddy daugther dates. Your dad is awesome! Don't tell your family that Jason is a huge BYU fan ok?

MEGandJEFF said...

That is so awesome that you and your dad can hang out and be buddies like that, Chels! Btw, you look so gorgeous..in every pic on your page :) Just so ya know :) You're a hottie!!!

And daaaaamn is that kettle korn addicting..I totally agree :)

ashley said...

i totally agree. yur dad is the coolest cat ever. i enjoyed him so much when he came up. and him and wade are buddies for life. i wish you could have seen him and wade sitting in the shade w there socks on at the beach. also i just read about you taking your dogs to work. that is the coolest thing ever, maybe zombie would like to come to work w me? j.k.

Heidi Henderson said...

You do have one of the best dads in the world.... and families! So fun! I am glad you had some good times to be had! Miss those Aggie games, but they never won... the the Utes are the next best thing, right :)

Jadie said...

Okay so call me emotional (I think I have good reason) but, this post totally made me cry!
I'm glad you had a good time!
~GO UTES~

Love ya,
Jadie

Kateka said...

Your dad sounds so amazing! I was actually going to that game. Stu's family had an extra ticket, and when they were leaving I was clear across town. I told them I would meet them there but by accident was wearing a bright blue shirt. Because of my thoughtless choice of clothing for the day, I couldn't attend. They gave the ticket to his sister since I didn't have a red shirt on! Ha, ha. Anyway, I am glad you had fun. Let's seriously, seriously, seriously hang out soon. I'll call you! Or you call me! Whichever.

Oh and other side note: I was watching Ellen yesterday and she had Shawn Johnson on her show. I think you and Shawn have the exact same laugh!! I was laughing. I love your laugh.

paigernate said...

i LOVE dads! that is so fun! how are you two love birds doing? i added you to our blog page so i can spy on ya :)

Jadie said...

Call me, 759-8090!
I love you too!

Momma Fish said...

i love U games. there is such a fun feeling up there. that is cute of your dad. he is a good man.

Melissa said...

I love the University of Utah! How fun to have a daddy daughter date! I love football games. So I never asked.. How did your Open House thing go? Did any rich, single men come? Send any single, good looking guys my way! My last few dates haven't been so good....

AP said...

Aren't dads the best? I must say you've got a keeper.

The Hobson Clan said...

That's sweet! Well, the daddy-daughter date, not the fact that you are a Ute fan (or the Red-Tail Hawks as we like to call them.):-)