Saturday, September 19, 2009

Kel Kemp Golf Tournament 2009

My Grandpa Kemp died from cancer about 5 years ago. Since then, every year around this time there is a golf tournament played in his name. Proceeds go to The Huntsman Cancer Institute.
This was a great year! A great turn out, and so much fun!!
We play 18 holes of golf, and I am always with my wonderful Mom, sister, and sister in law. It would be safe to say we arent the best golfers, but we try hard and we have A LOT of fun.
My awesome team!

This year I hadnt picked up a club once. I was rusty. I hadnt played since last tournment and my sister hadnt played in 2 years and I think my mom and sister in law maybe once.
Yes, out of the whole grassy area my ball lands in this puddle. But dont worry, my mom had her trusty ball getter outter!

We made about a thousand of these little holes in the ground, but luckily we are so bad, it would take so much grass out that we could just go the 2 yards it went and patch up our little holes like nothing happened! The funny thing is, right after I took this picture I was up to swing, and I did the exact same thing right next to theirs. Oops.

We did however do a lot better then we have in years past. We even got one under par(how many times it should take you to get in the hole)which is the first time I think ever.

Kaysie was my cart partner. Its always a great time.

This story is going to make me sound like I am a 10 year old boy, but I bought a fart machine online that sounds exactly like someone is passing gas. I had it hidden in my purse and right as my sister Kami was about to hit a ball I pushed the button and got a nice little toot through her back swing. Oh....good times. My sister and I had tears we were laughing so hard at that machine. I got my mom once when she was bending over to put her tee in the grass. 18 holes is a long time! You gotta do what you gotta do!
Kaysie and I were adding up our score after and apparently we did it wrong. For the last 5 years we have always come in last. So when we came up with the score of 57 and saw all these people that were in the 50's we thought we did so good! Then we realized we did it wrong and actually got 95. The point in golf is not to have a high score. So, we were awarded the DFL(Dead Freaking Last). We did come out with some new golf balls (Kami will put these to good use as she lost about 50 balls that day haha) and a gift card to ColdStone!

After a fun filled day of golfing we go in for a lunch, and a raffle and silent auction. There were great prizes this year, and unfortunately I didnt win one of them. But its ok! Because it is all for a great cause.
The whole Fam after the tourny.

I have to give a HUGE shout to my cousins Annie & John. They organize this whole thing everywhere and put so much hard work and time into the whole thing. Its always very organized and such a great time. Thank you guys so much for another great year!!!

5 comments:

Kami said...

Great Time BUB! Loved it... can't wait until next year!

Grannie Kathy said...

Best time ever!! I love spending the day with my three beautiful, fun-loving daughters. How lucky can one Mumma be?? Thanks for the great pics Bubba!!

kollers said...

I love your moms ball getter outer! Love your fam!

DeAnna said...

You guys are the neatest family, I love each of you so much and love hearing all the fun things you do as a family. Lucky all of you to have each other and to be so close. I only wish for my family to have all the unity yours does someday. I love you all so much !

Momma Fish said...

I have to say, one of my favoite moments of the event this year would be when you came in with a 57 on your score card and said "I think I may have added it wrong..." your guys are AWESOME!! The Kemp Family wins the most supportive award for sure!